Author Topic: rapid fire controller will not power up...  (Read 1637 times)

Offline one9gt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
rapid fire controller will not power up...
« on: February 08, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »
i installed the chip and got it to work before i put the controller back to together... once i got it all back together it would no longer power up.  When i press the xbox logo button the 3rd quadrant led lights up and thats it...

please help me!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: rapid fire controller will not power up...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »
open it back up sounds like you are pinching something, what chip you got?

Offline one9gt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 03:13:03 PM »
12f683 flashed with hazer's... i've opened it up and still wont power on with case open...

its a matrix board

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »
Short maybe? Check for any broken connections, too.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 04:27:29 AM »
why does the third quadrent light up? they should both light up upon power up. (3 &4 accordingly) so I am assuming you did the duel trigger instalation?  I allways do this mod right side only, but that shoud have nothing to do with it. you must have something shorted, if you did both triggers, number 3&4 should light as soon as you push the guide button to turn it on. if number 4 (right trigger) is not lighting I would start there and make sure it is not pinched or grounded to something.

the matrix install uses a diode and a resistor on the light, make sure it is turned the correct way.

Offline one9gt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »
sorry i should have clarified

- dual trigger install
- all diodes are installed correctly, the controller worked briefly and when i put it all together it stopped working
- 3rd and 4th quad do light up when the guide button is pressed, but does not power up

i'm gonna remove everything and see if it works, hopefully the controller still works

are there certain points where i can test with a dvom to see if my controller isn't fried or anything?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:44 AM »
there are many points you can test, but I think I will confuse you if I try to go through all that, open the controller, you must have a hot wire pinched somewhere. I would advise agianst removing the led wires, the more you mess with these the more risk you have burning them out. open the controller test it, remove the chips power supply, test it, remove ground test it. your problem should be found by now

I had one controller, that you had to press and hold the guide button for a few seconds to power it up, the mod lights would come on imidiatly, but the controller would take a second, this was becouse I dammaged the via, during install.

you dont want to touch any of the button pads with your fingers, the oil can damage them. I dont think this is your problem, just putting that out there.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:01:50 AM by modded matt »

Offline one9gt

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »
after removing the chip and all wires, resistors, and hot glue... im sad to say that i have lost a controller....

no power, no response, no nothing :cry2:....i guess i now have a parts controller 

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 02:36:33 PM »
 :cry2:funeral services will be held sunday febuary 15th in memory of one 9's first pic mod atempt... you are lost but not forgotten, your memory will live on in futrue mods to come... :cry2: :cry2:

LOL it come with the teritory. everyone needs a good parts controller anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal