Author Topic: PSN, ISO Drivers, PSPTube, WTF Soundboard? Please help!  (Read 2021 times)

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSN, ISO Drivers, PSPTube, WTF Soundboard? Please help!
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
I have some issues. here's what happened. If you have any ides on what to do, please help. (By the way, I know this first part seems a little far-fetched, but I've heard of similar things happeneing.)

I was on 5.00 M33-4, and my ISO driver was set to M33 DRIVER. Everything worked fine. I upgraded to 5.00 M33-6 and switched the Driver to M33 Driver. Everything worked fine. Both ISOs and CSOs. I downloaded a demo of a game off the PSN and it took extremely long to download, way longer than normal, and it said "installing" which took longer than the download. I thought that was weird because it never "installed" anything before. I tried to play the demo and it didn't work. It froze after the gameboot. I deleted it and went to play a CSO, but it froze, just like the demo. Then I went to play an ISO and it worked. I downgraded to 3.71 M33-2 and upgraded back to 5.00 M33-6. Still, CSOs didn't work. I downgraded again, but went back to 5.00 M33-4, but still, nothing worked. I changed the Driver from M33 Driver to Sony NP9660, and it worked fine. Why did M33 Driver work before, then only with ISOs, then NP9660 worked fine with everything?

My second question- I had Ultimate PSPTube 1.7. It worked perfectly for awhile, then it stopped having volume and the home button wouldn 't work, and neither would the brightness adjust button. It was only with PSPTube 1.7. I tried those with all sorts of other homebrew and it worked fine. They worked fine in the XMB and UMDs. Up till the incident with the demo "install" as mentioned above, everything worked in everything except PSPTube. Now, the home, volume, and brightness adjust buttons don't work in anything except the XMB. The coldboot, gameboot, clicksounds, videos, music, they all have perfect sound. I can adjust brightness in the XMB. I can't do anything like that in any homebrew, ISO, CSO, or UMD. I know how much Sony hates people with CFW, thats the only reason they came out with 3000 series. The extremely large download time for a 40 MB file off PSN, and the even longer "Install", makes me wonder if they installed something to block reactions with the Home strip, as well as something to mess with the soundboard outside XMB? 'Cause then I'd have to pay to send it away to them and stuff because I had CFW.

*EDIT* I have an idea. If they really did "install" something other than the non-working demo, will downgrading to OFW 3.71, then up to OFW 5.03, then go on the PSN with the OFW and download the same thing undo the possible "install" and then I could downgrade to 3.71 M33-2, then up to 5.00 M33-4/5/6?

*EDIT2* Maybe a memory stick has something to do with it? i don't have a Pro Duo. I have two Kingston Micro SDHC's in a Photofast CR-5400 adapter. Could that have anything to do with this at all?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:11:06 PM by noobpsphacker »

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
Re: PSN, ISO Drivers, PSPTube, WTF Soundboard? Please help!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
I have some issues. here's what happened. If you have any ides on what to do, please help.

I was on 5.00 M33-4, and my ISO driver was set to M33 DRIVER. Everything worked fine. I upgraded to 5.00 M33-6 and switched the Driver to M33 Driver. Everything worked fine. Both ISOs and CSOs. I downloaded a demo of a game off the PSN and it took extremely long to download, way longer than normal, and it said "installing" which took longer than the download. I thought that was weird because it never "installed" anything before. I tried to play the demo and it didn't work. It froze after the gameboot. I deleted it and went to play a CSO, but it froze, just like the demo. Then I went to play an ISO and it worked. I downgraded to 3.71 M33-2 and upgraded back to 5.00 M33-6. Still, CSOs didn't work. I downgraded again, but went back to 5.00 M33-4, but still, nothing worked. I changed the Driver from M33 Driver to Sony NP9660, and it worked fine. Why did M33 Driver work before, then only with ISOs, then NP9660 worked fine with everything?

My second question- I had Ultimate PSPTube 1.7. It worked perfectly for awhile, then it stopped having volume and the home button wouldn 't work, and neither would the brightness adjust button. It was only with PSPTube 1.7. I tried those with all sorts of other homebrew and it worked fine. They worked fine in the XMB and UMDs. Up till the incident with the demo "install" as mentioned above, everything worked in everything except PSPTube. Now, the home, volume, and brightness adjust buttons don't work in anything except the XMB. The coldboot, gameboot, clicksounds, videos, music, they all have perfect sound. I can adjust brightness in the XMB. I can't do anything like that in any homebrew, ISO, CSO, or UMD. I know how much Sony hates people with CFW, thats the only reason they came out with 3000 series. The extremely large download time for a 40 MB file off PSN, and the even longer "Install", makes me wonder if they installed something to block reactions with the Home strip, as well as something to mess with the soundboard outside XMB? 'Cause then I'd have to pay to send it away to them and stuff because I had CFW.

*EDIT* I have an idea. If they really did "install" something other than the non-working demo, will downgrading to OFW 3.71, then up to OFW 5.03, then go on the PSN with the OFW and download the same thing undo the possible "install" and then I could downgrade to 3.71 M33-2, then up to 5.00 M33-4/5/6?
Well, the mysteries of Dark_AleX's programming  :laughing: . But when I get that probably sometimes, I reboot the PSP and it works fine. Then the problem stopped. Still, I'm pretty sure it's a fault in the coding. And the same thing would apply with PSPTube; just the programming of it really. Also, have you been using Dark_AleX's plugin that tells the PSN system that you're on OFW?
And you'd need more evidence about whether they are installing something on your PSP. If so, they would have to be installing it onto your memory card. If you really did want to try and prove it, you could back up your memory card onto PC, then format it and put on some homebrew.

Just try and back up all of your accusations and thoughts with a  :censored:load of evidence before you make a judgement and take action.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:19:59 PM by pspupgrade »
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSN, ISO Drivers, PSPTube, WTF Soundboard? Please help!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
This is weird as hell. I put in one of my two 512 mB SanDisk Magic Memory Sticks, and started up a UMD. Everything worked fine. I put in my CR-5400 16gB, then decided to format Flash1, since I found something weird there I'd never seen before. Now everything works fine except UMDs, which still have the sound issue. Its better now, and I just need to reapply some Flash0 mods, then I'm back where I was before, pretty much. I have one more question. What do all the flash# drives do? Flash0 is system files, Flash1 is input data, but what about the others?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal