Author Topic: Mod  (Read 1780 times)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Mod
« on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »
So, I got an idea for a really sweet mod (I'm keeping it a secret till it's done), and I'm about 3/4 of the way through, I just need one thing. I can't seem to find ANYWHERE the pinouts for a TI-83 Plus Calculator. My deal is I need the button to work for something else, not the calculator. You see, the calculator is hopelessly dead. So what I was wondering, would it be possible to solder directly to the gold contact points on the calculator, or do I need to find the miniscule hole to solder to? I don't plan on keeping the calculator for anything but this... Any Ideas  :help:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:21:12 PM »
You could solder straight to pads but the button might feel weird if you don't solder right. Otherwise you could probably follow the traces and solder to that, then check with a multimeter.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Re: Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 01:34:03 PM »
I might go straight to the pads, due to the fact that the traces are impossible to follow...

EDIT: So, I followed the traces and it's actually working PERFECTLY!! So, I've got 2 of the 8 buttons wired, I'll post my mod when it's done prolly on saturday  :tup:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:39:44 PM by alentris »

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal