Author Topic: What Do I Use  (Read 2253 times)

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
What Do I Use
« on: February 12, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »
I want to spray paint my psp, I know I can buy A faceplate but thats not what I want to do, Im spraypainting a clear case and leaving some spots clear, cuz I think keeping it all clear would look cheasy, back to point...
 Can I just use regular spraypaint, or will it look cheasy and look like it was painted, cuz I dont want it to look spraypainted :|
I really dont want to buy a fancy airbrush cuz this is a onetime thing :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:23:26 PM by TheZap »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: What Do I Use
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
I want to spray paint my psp, I know I can buy A faceplate but thats not what I want to do, Im spraypainting a clear case and leaving some spots clear, cuz I think keeping it all clear would look cheasy, back to point...
 Can I just use regular spraypaint, or will it look cheasy and look like it was painted, cuz I dont want it to look spraypainted :|
I really dont want to buy a fancy airbrush cuz this is a onetime thing :P

Heh fixed your BBCode  :#1:

Anyway, if possible, try to find some plastic spray paints (like krylon fusion for plastics). Remember to do some prep work on it. This requires taking your case and washing it in some warm water and dish soap. You could probably use some higher grit sandpaper like 400-800 grit to just quickly sand the case. Remember to sand in one direction only (up+down or left+right), then  you could move up to another higher grit sand paper, and sand the opposite way you sanded before, to remove some of the scratches you left. Finally, prime it, and paint it. Remember to use many light coats, and always follow instructions on the cans on paint. Clear coat it at the end to give it a really nice glossy look, and to protect your paint job. You can either cover the screen with masking tape or a screen protector, and try to cover the screw holes and and anywhere else you think paint will get into, with masking tape.

Good luck :) If you need clarifying just ask. Also, I'm not sure about sanding at the beginning before priming. You may or may not need to. Somebody else may be able to answer better.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
Thanks
If its a brand new case, you dont need to sand it right?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:27:00 PM by TheZap »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
Eh even if it was old I'm not sure if you'd need to sand it. So you might wanna wait on another response, but you still need to wash it with some dish soap and water, even if it is new.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »
Alright, thanks for the advice  :tup:

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »
I just painted my case, and MAKE SURE TO USE A CLEAR COAT WHEN YOU FINISH!! I didn't the first time, and the paint fell right off...

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal