Author Topic: Screen won't turn on  (Read 955 times)

Offline captenmidnite

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Screen won't turn on
« on: February 19, 2009, 02:46:44 AM »
I have a slim psp. The screen does not come up. The backlight works and I hear sounds when it turns on. I switched screens and no picture comes up. I think maybe is the wide connector on the motherboard and maybe it needs a fuse soldering or something. Can someone please tell me where is what part of the motherboard I need to solder? Thanks!

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Screen won't turn on
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »
search for a thread call "screen fades when DPad is pressed" that will fix your problem.

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »
   I think that what he's trying to say is that the screen is not showing any video. How can you say that the back light works, if the screen does not turn on? I belief that the problem might be the back light fuse. To double check if it is the screen and not the back light, put the psp screen underneath direct light while the psp is on. You should be able to see the xmb menu. If this is true, then is your back light fuse. Solder bridge the back light fuse on the mobo. If is not the fuse, then, double check the lcd wire ribbon connector to the mobo. I hope this help, good luck..

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »
-.- He said that his backlight does work. It can't be the backlight fuse. I think vladstir is right. Search for "screen fades when DPad is pressed". Basically, it explains that your video IC chip is having a bad connection with the mobo, usually from dropping it. There isn't much you can do unless you and use a hot air rework iron. Since most people don't own one, let alone have the ability to use one, your best bet is buy a new mobo.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal