Author Topic: How the HELL???????!!!  (Read 1357 times)

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
How the HELL???????!!!
« on: April 11, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »
I have to be missing something. SOMETHING had to have gone wrong. This doesn't just happen for no reason. Can ANYONE explain this?

I took off my PSP's faceplate. Simple, right? Yeah. Not unless ONE screw doesn't come out (The top right screw of the four under the battery). I picked up the system, and the faceplate fell off anyway. I figured it wasn't really necessary to remove the last of the 7 screws that are supposedly necessary to remove the faceplate. So I went on with what i tried to do. I took off the rubber that covers the D-Pad and the X / O / [] / /\ buttons. I replaced everything and unscrewed the joystick. I replaced that as well. I took off the HOME strip and replaced it. So now I had a PSP with its faceplate off. The black faceplate had white buttons, white dpad, white joystick. My bro comes and asks if I put the battery in, could I run the system. I knew I could, since the only thing gone was the faceplate, which doesn't have things vital for the system to run. I put in the battery and hear a loud crack. I assumed it was normal to hear odd sounds since the faceplate wasn't on and helping to hold everything together. I turned on the PSP and there were three cracks in the LCD (Which were in the shape of a pot leaf) on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.I figured since I'm having 4dP mod my PSP with LEDs, I could probably buy a LCD and have him replace it too. Problem here is, how the hell did my screen break? I was super gentle the entire process, and I didn't drop it, the cracks werent on the screen before I put in my battery. I'm 100% sure the battery did it. But HOW!?

One more thing. I put on the faceplate, and the screen turned on. But unlike when the faceplate was off,  the XMB didn't start. It just stayed on. Made no noise. No differences in the screen, just a black background with the backlight shining through the cracks. When the faceplate was off, I remember it working fine (except for CFW Extender 2.2 taking random snapshots of the visualizer while I was listening to Chiodos and finishing my mods...). Why did this happen? HOW did it happen? Can ANYONE help explain this? Maybe provide a possible solution?

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Re: How the HELL???????!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
Maybe the LCD was under alot of stress and was maybe some how screwed on too tight and that small movement of putting the battery was enough to crack it, the LCD wanting to displace the energy somewhere and the only way was to crack it doesn't care lol.

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 05:11:31 PM »
what color was the screw that was still in, if it was not silver than the one that was put in was the wrong one. when the battery was put in it could have pushed it up through the bottom of the lcd. thats what it sounds like to me. b/c the silver screws are shorter. i hope this helps, and it sucks to here that.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
Well lucky for you phat LCD's are really cheap only like 20 bucks, slim's are $40-$50.

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:05:49 PM »
No, the screw was the right one. It was silver.

As for the replacement LCD. Any chance anyone knows where to pick up a cheap one?

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
Dealextreme has cheap ones of good quality.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline noobpsphacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
Thanks man. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm on a super tight budget here since I just spent over $100 on parts and labor for my PSP that I'm sending to 4dP.

^_^

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »
Well lucky for you phat LCD's are really cheap only like 20 bucks, slim's are $40-$50.
on ebay i found a bunch of lcd's fpr 10$
and slim i find thewm around 20-30$
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 07:34:39 AM »
on ebay i found a bunch of lcd's fpr 10$
and slim i find thewm around 20-30$

LOL right, they must still have a entire week left then pretty much all slim LCD's are around $38-$50.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal