Author Topic: GFX Card Screwed, How long can I live from on-board?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
GFX Card Screwed, How long can I live from on-board?
« on: April 07, 2009, 06:18:46 PM »
As many of you know my GFX card just got screwed I am running from on-board graphics VGA at the moment how long can I live of this until I kill something else? I won't be able to get a new video card/PSU/Case until probably October/November/December will it live this long? I need some advise on what to do, if I bought a cheap stand-in graphics card it would have to be single slot/Compaq or whatever it would need to fit in a slimline PC   

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: GFX Card Screwed, How long can I live from on-board?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:48:08 PM »
lol you can actually run it as long as you want , one of my computers from around 2001 is still working very well with its integrated graphics card. I basically use it for torrenting and emulation purposes.
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:35:52 AM »
Even if my PC is on from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM everyday?

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »
Even if my PC is on from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM everyday?
Yes, my brother still uses onboard graphics and still plays games everyday from like those sort of times (And hes had it for years), then you have my laptop, which has been running for about 4 months straight without turning off with its onboard graphics

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:48:54 AM »
Ok I found out it's still under warranty so I have to send it in for repairs but they will have to restore my system, could I take out my packed-full hard drive (curent) and send them one with an old small hard drive then hen I can it back just add mine in so I have 2 HDD's?

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »
Ok I found out it's still under warranty so I have to send it in for repairs but they will have to restore my system, could I take out my packed-full hard drive (curent) and send them one with an old small hard drive then hen I can it back just add mine in so I have 2 HDD's?
Yeah i guess you could do that if you dont have to remove any warranty stickers on the process

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
But be warned they very well may not fix it if you change the hdd, You may want to back up the data to another hdd and send it in as is. I would deff not leave my personal stuff on there though.

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
What company, as you're generally allowed to change the HDDs without messing with the warranty.

Also, on board graphics last as long as you want. It's not like you have a time limit on using them, that's common sense.Think of it as a graphics card just built into the motherboard, which is EXACTLY what it is, a backup graphics card.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »
What company, as you're generally allowed to change the HDDs without messing with the warranty.

Also, on board graphics last as long as you want. It's not like you have a time limit on using them, that's common sense.Think of it as a graphics card just built into the motherboard, which is EXACTLY what it is, a backup graphics card.

AAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!! Onboard stopped working!!! my monitor says no input I even tried switching video cables now nothing even from the onboard!!! AHHH Man I am so screwed I donteven know what to do I have to buy my sis a new ipod (longstory) I have to buy this great deal on a PSP slim, I have to buy modding parts like jb weld spary paint flux LEDs and now I need to buy new PC parts my life is so busy and I just feel alltogether screw for money  :cry2:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:10:27 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »
get a job and welcome to life.

what are you using tp post right now?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
AAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!! Onboard stopped working!!! my monitor says no input I even tried switching video cables now nothing even from the onboard!!! AHHH Man I am so screwed I donteven know what to do I have to buy my sis a new ipod (longstory) I have to buy this great deal on a PSP slim, I have to buy modding parts like jb weld spary paint flux LEDs and now I need to buy new PC parts my life is so busy and I just feel alltogether screw for money  :cry2:
Yup life sucks, enjoy it.
You just have a crappy [store-bought] computer.

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 02:04:37 AM »

Okay this happened to me last year, My mother board had a wierd problem and i got a refurb and replaced it. Thing is , it cost me Rs 1000 to replace it which by todays currency rate should be around $20, so just look around and it shouldnt be a problem. My motherboard got effed up because of the heat here.... Almost 50 degrees Celsius + internal heat from the computer, took it to around 90 and cause it to overheat way too much even though i had kept the case open :D In any case just being a supporter of inbuilt graphics , i can say that they easile last without giving any out of the ordinary problems.... I've kept my PC on for over a month at a stretch downloading Heroes at a speed of 21kbps...........
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »
Okay this happened to me last year, My mother board had a wierd problem and i got a refurb and replaced it. Thing is , it cost me Rs 1000 to replace it which by todays currency rate should be around $20, so just look around and it shouldnt be a problem. My motherboard got effed up because of the heat here.... Almost 50 degrees Celsius + internal heat from the computer, took it to around 90 and cause it to overheat way too much even though i had kept the case open :D In any case just being a supporter of inbuilt graphics , i can say that they easile last without giving any out of the ordinary problems.... I've kept my PC on for over a month at a stretch downloading Heroes at a speed of 21kbps...........

despite what you might think leaving the door off will allow more air in your case, but dose not increase air flow. what keeps your computer cool is air circulating across the heat sinks, not how much air it has acess to.

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 09:35:35 AM »
i know that, i had an  table fan placed next to it pointed at the processor :)
  you look like a carrot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal