Author Topic: psp laptop  (Read 7938 times)

Offline menwhar12

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • psp phat- 5.00-6 m33
psp laptop
« on: April 13, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
is there a psp laptop

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Re: psp laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
yes. yes there is.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »
You can do it too, remember though on tuts and you will need EXTREME soldering skills I mean extreme to solder to the LCD ribbon cable and ZIF connectors assuming you want the screen on top and the buttons and *keyboard* under it.

You would most likely use a PSP flip case modded to your needs.

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
I have concidered doing this, just to see how well I could do it.  I would of course like to know how the keyboard was done, and if it REALLY works as well as people say it does.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »
yeah it's some really confusing stuff next person will give you a link to ps2dev forums and then you will get lost in all the off-topicness of the thread and get confused trust me...

But if you figure out what everyone is saying (I have tried) plz PM how your supposed to flash the chatpad.

It's really actually simple but the hard part is extending everything like LCD cable and speakers ETC..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:16:27 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
no the psp is too small, do you mean can the psp be modded to fold like a ds, so your saying the ds is a laptop??,  What R u talkin about man

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:28:21 PM »
 :eyebrow:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not sure where that guy is going with what he said but I ya I have seen a psp that someone extended all the ribbon cables and stuff to make a laptop out of it with a keyboard. If i remember right it wasn't all that neat and stuff but it worked. For the next psp I think it should deff be either i slider screen that is behind all the controls or a flip like the ds kinda but make it cooler.
thats just on mans opinion though  :laughing:
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 02:02:36 AM »
Go to the ps2dev topic, download the pack and actually read the instructions - if you can't do that then no-one will actually bother to help you with the psp keyboard.

Folklord made a "psp laptop" although it wasn't really a laptop since it didn't work - the LCD didn't work and neither did the keyboard.

There are two ways in which I, personally, have extended the LCD:

Hardwire

Custom PCB

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »
Yea folklord made a prototype basicaly. I thought he did get his chatpad get working on it???

Ha alein I laugh every time I see that break out board, how does a master modder design it so the backlight is on the wrong side. however you being able to solder those zif connectors in record time is a awesome.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 04:39:47 AM »
Hehe, me too.

Looking at it now, it seems as if I could just rotate the circuit board round and they would line up, except I can only source 6 pin connectors so it works out stronger to hardwire it [backlight].

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 06:49:08 AM »
now what about the chat pad i seen for the PS3 wouldn't that work alot easier might not even have to flash it seeing as how its sony already and alot smaller than the 360 chatpad too  heres a link for it

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=141+130

let me know how it goes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:09:32 PM by krazyone2006 »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 07:21:41 AM »
Yea I would personally like to use the PS chatpad more then one by MS justcut off that plastic clip that holds it to the PS controller to make it more flat.

But alien I am just gonna assume that breakoutboard it only made for phat an I correct? even so where would I buy it.. is it your own custom thing? how much?

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 07:42:04 AM »
Alien designed the PSP LCD breakout but i think he got it made in a fab house (Unless he has a PCB printer..)

And in case you didnt know Folk did the PSP Laptop again. He  made it working fully but the powerboard he used didnt work... So he had to finish it but last time i talked to him was a couple months ago when he was at his grandma's. So i dont know if he finished it with no release on AM or he just took a break from modding.

And i also lol at Aliens PCB. He owns at modding and electronic knowledge but puts the backlight on the wrong side. But we all do something wrong once and a while lol.

And the only why i know of to have a working keyboard is using the Xbox 360 "Chat Pad" and use Jean's code and re-flash the chat pad to be compatible via the PSP's serial port.

I also thought that Sony was making a PSP compatible Keyboard a while back, but i guess they canceled that idea for some reason lol.

PSP laptops are things everyone says they are going to do (And PSP Phones...) but they never do it because they fail.. But many people have tried for it lol

(Its a very wanted thing i guess, even though i see no reason for it....)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 07:56:05 AM »
Actually it's not that hard electronics wise all you pretty much have to do is extend the LCD and add a chat pad. It's the cosmetic hardware that makes it tricky.

Yeah jumbo I heard about that rumor too but just like the camera, mic, GPS and others they won't be coming to the US or coming out at all. :(

So yeah the "PSP Laptop" isn't that hard except for the folding part that's what I think trips up everyone. I wonder if it's possible to squish it into a DS housing like cut out all the little dividers inside and only leave the screw holes then cut out the top sceen area larger and add the LCD in there and speaker L R and so on. What do you think... I know the DS is smaller but it might be possible to squeze it in.

Also does this mean Alien's PCB doesn't work? will he fix it? I really would like to buy a working one.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:59:37 AM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »
It will work fine, Just you have to either flip it like he said, or just hard wire the backlight onto it. And i dont know if he is going to sell them, But ask him..

Offline seraph524

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 08:35:59 AM »
psp laptop

That would be Folklords

Dont really see the buttons work, but imo it cosmetically doesn't look that bad.
It looks like the top there is a faceplate, and in that case I see possibility of speakers going in where the buttons should be, kinda like the DS
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:41:30 AM by seraph524 »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 08:45:53 AM »
Yeah thats what I was thinking I found that about 5 months ago and I thought it would be cool to drill large circles out where the buttons were and add big like the umd door kind speakers in there or else fill them to be solid then drill tiny hold for the speaker like the DS

Offline seraph524

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 08:49:55 AM »
I kind of want to pick this project up and see where I can take it. It looks like it would be fun to improve and whatnot.

Somehow implement this into it, doing kinda the same thing as folklord but with this pad since this pad is proven working
PSP Phat and Slim Keyboard
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:55:45 AM by seraph524 »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 09:42:56 AM »
Well I did not think about this project until now... it's a very coo idea I might try it.

DUDE WHO keeps giving me -!?!?!? What did I even do seriously... =|

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »
What are you talking about? - folklord used the exact same chatpad.

I thought you tried this project already, elitegamer, but weren't clever enough to figure out the instructions?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »
NO, I mean try the PSP laptop not the chatpad, I want to try the laptop idea.

I used to own a black DS lite but I sold it about a year ago for my PSP =D. But do you happen to know if youcut and sanded plastic side the DS lite/DS case if you could fit a PSP slim mobo in the bottom and cut the top half to make the PPS lim screen fit? would these things fit? they are really only the main parts everything else is pretty expendable.

Offline seraph524

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
What are you talking about? - folklord used the exact same chatpad.

I thought you tried this project already, elitegamer, but weren't clever enough to figure out the instructions?

Oh lol I see that now, after looking closer.  Def didn't see that the pads were the same ones

I'm still going to try it though

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
So your saying a phone with a keyboard is a laptop? 
:eyebrow:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not sure where that guy is going with what he said but I ya I have seen a psp that someone extended all the ribbon cables and stuff to make a laptop out of it with a keyboard. If i remember right it wasn't all that neat and stuff but it worked. For the next psp I think it should deff be either i slider screen that is behind all the controls or a flip like the ds kinda but make it cooler.
thats just on mans opinion though  :laughing:

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
man seeing the first video really makes me wanna try this now and maybe try to add a couple other things like a dual nub, mounting a photofast 3100 maybe on the back of the screen (be able to keep UMD even though it useless lol), the chotto shot on the back topside of it hmmmm all i would really need it the chatpad the flip case and one of those boards alien hit me up if you will sell one please ..... need to brain storm lol
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:08:48 PM by krazyone2006 »

Offline seraph524

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
So your saying a phone with a keyboard is a laptop? 

Hrm... What if you installed linux on it?

Dude, that would be awesome.... My next student loan check is so going towards a project like this one, and hopefully by then someone would have figured out how to put a hdd inside a psp

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »
Hrm... What if you installed linux on it?

Dude, that would be awesome.... My next student loan check is so going towards a project like this one, and hopefully by then someone would have figured out how to put a hdd inside a psp

Well for lots of memory like a computer get a photofast 5400 and 2 16 GB Micro SD cards BOOM 32 GB. Then you can save the money and space cause the 3100 is more expensive.

Offline seraph524

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:12 PM »
Ya I got a 5400 on it's way in the mail from DX

But what I'm saying is like a Ipod hdd, like a 60g or something like that

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 08:44:30 PM »
Meh you would NEVER use that much space on a PSP. They had a 1 TB SD/Pro Duo memory stick at CES... or so I herd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal