Author Topic: Need a little help......Ok Ok Alot of help...LoL  (Read 916 times)

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Need a little help......Ok Ok Alot of help...LoL
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »
Ok I have a few questions and apologize if this is not the right place. I mod 360 controllers but have been just doing the rapid fire on triggers. I have a friend who wants his controller modded but has a "special" request. I am using the 4 mode with buttons or the 3 mode stealth versions. What I am trying to accomplish is making the left button turn rapid fire on for the Rt Y and B buttons. And the right button make rapid fire X and A. He does not want the Lt rapid. So my question is what do I need to do. Can I scrape the button pads and just hook the positive up or do I need to hook the positive and negative on the pad per button. Do I still need the 330ohm resistors that would normally go to just the triggers? I know the positive points for the button pads on the circuit board. I looked through the tutorials and did not see anything there that I thought could help. So I am asking here. Is there anyone who has done similar? Does anyone have a picture or diagram of how I should do this? Thanks for any ond all help.   George

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Need a little help......Ok Ok Alot of help...LoL
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »
wow, I am not sure you will be able to do that with any of the available rapid fire chips on the market.  The first issue is that the RT and face buttons are reversed in logic, lets just assume ur using a CG controller as this mod would be a nightmare with the Matrix. the face buttons require a ground signal to activate, and the right trigger requires a +V to activate, so in order to do this you need to have one output connect to the y and B buttons and an inverted output that does the same thing only opposite logic connecting to the RT.  the X and A will only require one logic so one pin.  so there are 3 needed outputs and 2 inputs, which leaves only one pin remainin on an 8 pin pic for an LED.

Long story short, it can be done, but not with anything that is "off the shelf" you would either need a couple 555 rapidfire mods in one controller(not even sure if 555 can be done on trigger), or custom pic code.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
as chad stated thats a tall request. you are using hazers code, so I hope your not charging them for the mod, just your labor.. as for the 330 ohm resistors. you only need those for a matrix controller, and I would advise agianst trying this with a matrix.

if you use a CG controller, you use two of hazers chips, one wired CG normally, the other, pull power from a 2v source, or use resistors to restrict power supply (make it think its in a matrix controller) and use it for the face buttons.  for activation you may need two switches, but I would try to wire them together so both chips are activated with one press.

this is all in therory, so good luck, let me know if it works out for you. I have been thinking of doing a similar mod, but I think I am going to use the picaxe chip. so i can control macros through the face buttons and triggers and bumpers

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:36:58 PM »
Chives... Thanks for the insight I am pretty determined to get this acomplished but seems I may run into a wall. I will let you know how it all turns out. Not to sure it will be a good turn out but I will give it my best.

Modded matt..... Ok first off why do you point the finger and say "im using hazers code" I have noticed you do this often to more than one member. Before making assumptions please make sure you know that is the case. I buy my chips from an individual who programs them himself. I buy them with "my" money I will charge as I want. I do not program the chips but even if I did and they looked similar why do they have to be "hazers" codes? I know you have more posts then I do and yes im just a peeon I dont spend all my free time on forums sorry. The fact of the matter is I am looking for advise not looking for someone to tell me I am doing something wrong when im not. So how about keeping your comments to yourself unless you really know for a fact Im using hazers codes for profitable gain.
   On another note thanks for the insight on my question. I do appreciate that aspect of your post. And if I came at you in a way that you feel like I was attacking you I apologize thats not what I was trying to do.Just saying dont be so pressed that someone is stealing someones code for profitable gain. Thats not "always" the case.There are thousands of people programming chips.And yes some will resemble others.   Thanks again,  George

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
by all means use his code. knowing that it is that code, helps me help you. because we know how this code works. it should have said "are you using it."  but I would assume you are becouse of the 330 resistors. the only code I have ever seen that uses those resistors on the triggers is hazers, the ones that were sold here at am did not use them, nor ones I have seen at other sites. I have worked with that code a lot, and it can be found at the free code section, it is free to use for you and everyone, but please dont over charge them for it. that is why the new codes dont get released publicly. 

regarless it is what it is. look at the free code section to get a better understanding of it. maybe that will help you accomplish what you need, if you need anymore help let me know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal