Author Topic: ONLY READS DVDS NOT GAMES  (Read 1250 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
ONLY READS DVDS NOT GAMES
« on: May 21, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »
OK so I have this xbox from a pile of broken ones it reads DVDS fine but not games. It is a samsung drive xbox was made in 06 the xbox has no other problems just wont read games how do I fix this any suggestions?

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
Re: ONLY READS DVDS NOT GAMES
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »
new lens

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »
I have other DVD srives of the same type I assume it would be easier to swap drives but the others dont even open much less read any discs when hooked up. Im completely lost on this xbox stuff im looking everywhere to figure this out but I cant figure this one out so Im turning to the great community at AM to help me plz.

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:37:55 AM »
same thing happened to me when I swapped drives with my friend.
you need to spoof the original drive key  that came with the xbox with the new drive so the motherboard will recognize it.
I couldn't figure it out though so I just traded back lol
Good Luck
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:40 AM »
so you need a new DVD drive.  The best way to do it imho is to swap DVD mothor boards from the old drive the the identical new drive. (If you are set up for it, flashing the old key on new is easier, but only if you have the correct tools/software. both are super easy, id give em a 1 out of a 10 scale for modding either way)

Since that error is a mechanical alignment issue/ failing Laser, the mobo from the original will more then likely be in perfect working order.  So simply swap the Mobo with the correct keying into a new/working drive and whalaa your all done.

Our friends over at Llamma.com have plenty of dissassembly tuts for most of the drives.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 02:52:32 PM »
Ya I tried that last night im opening xbox again now. I have a drive with identical part numbers but on the smaller sticker one is H/W 005 the other is H/W 006 one is VER. A one is VER.B IDK if those numbers count but the part numbers match when I swaped mobos in drives and turned it on it just wont open anymore.

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
So I think the only fix is a lens replacement it seems these parts arent compatible with the drives I have avalable to me now so ill be ordering a new lense assembley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal