Author Topic: PSP Phat Charger Port Replacement  (Read 2933 times)

Offline guitarguy656

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • noobie moder
PSP Phat Charger Port Replacement
« on: May 31, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »
hey people

ive been on this site along time but never signed up  :hifive:
but since ive been in a bit of bother lately i need help

ok my charger port is cracked on the yellow ring and has worked like so for a year(its a lanch psp) so i dont want to get rid of it nor is it in warrenty. i just ordered a new port for my psp and it will be here soon but i cant find even 1 guide this is about replacing this peice of the psp

so i though the best mod site on the planet would be a great place to start  :#1:

any help is great or even if there is a mod that includes changing the port then please let me know

thanks in advance and i hope i posted this in the right section :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:54:26 PM by guitarguy656 »

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: PSP Phat Charger Port Replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »
its quite easy all you will have to do is disassemble the psp. we have tutes for that. there is one screw holding the charger in place and a plug all you do is unplug and unscrew it. screw in the new one and plug it in. then reassemble the psp

Offline guitarguy656

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • noobie moder
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:58:01 PM »
THANKS SO MUCH !!

i though i would have to solder a wee bit but am not great but i could have got my mate to do it he s a beast at it  :laughing:

so all i do is take i part (i know how to do that at least) then take out the screw replace screw in check it then put back together :) i hope  :victory:

questions

will a philps head screw driver do? or do i need a special screw driver?
and will i needs to place the wire for it in with glue? cause i know the wire is a little long so do i have to put in like to the left or right or can i just let the the lead hang were it is?

thanks alot you have saved me alot of time and effort guessing what i am ment to do lol any tutoral i should check up? incase i do something stuipd?

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »
no glue, its realy easy, when you open the psp, youll see it and get it right away
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline guitarguy656

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • noobie moder
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »
amazing....

finally something is finally going my way  :huh:

now to think of moding :)

thanks again (both of you)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
a set of small Philips head screw drivers will do the trick

and no problem don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions

Offline guitarguy656

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • noobie moder
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
ok well i do funny enough lol

this is acid mods and if i have to open my psp anways is there any easy noob mods i can do while am replacing my charging port?

i like buying of deal extreme even if there offical stuff is mostly fake  :eyebrow:

i was thinking new case like a see-though one lol or mabe a few led's near the trigers
but mostly of all i want a 2nd anolog stick cause it looks badass and can it be used? like porperly for games like gta and the monster hunter seris?   :help:

thanks again in advance  :tup: :taunt:

Offline linkin2b

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 03:01:36 AM »
i would say if you have a fat since your gonna have it open already to do a usb charge mod, some soldering involved, i glued mine so you could do that. its really easy and helpful if your port goes out again, like mine did. other thatn that i dont really know what else there is, i jsut got done adding an externail antenna mount so i can screw one on when i want. its pretty smooth.

Offline guitarguy656

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • noobie moder
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
thats sounds BEAST free tv lol  :hifive: :taunt: :tup:

too bad am not great at soldering but i can get a friend to do it but knowing me i will just do it myself lol  :rofl:

i only did wish that i could add another anolog stick cause i want another one  :dribble:
i think i need a new power board ect... but i can get that all of deal extreme for cheap enough lol

but un what do i need for the usb mod? like wire? solder? super glue? tape? and does it charger better than the slim? cause i hear charging it with usb is like waiting on the 2nd coming of jesus  :fear:

il post results like i would but cant until the part arrives in

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal