Author Topic: digital transistion  (Read 1304 times)

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
digital transistion
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »
ok it is 2-29-09 and when i turned on my tv i could only get one cannel and it was disney channel which kinda sucks alot

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: digital transistion
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »
What on earth are you talking about?

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »
the digital transition my tv didnt work when i turned it on well i mean properly what i meant to say when is it or has it already happened

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »
i'm not in USA but i've heard that you have to scan for the channels to get all of them again....
Correct me if i'm wrong though.......
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »
he means the analog-digital conversion that happened in the US, they delayed it to a lil while ago, and if you dont have a digital converter box, or cable period, you cant watch broadcast television

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »
That happened almost 3 weeks ago

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »
oh well maybe my cable turned off in my house or somethings wong but when the people put together the house they did a real crapy job leaving big holes and marks on the wall but ill see ill try and reset my tv

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:51:46 AM »
what are you talking about!?!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »
this doesnt add up.... you say you are recieving the disney channel and thats it..... first things first, are you using an antenna to recieve your Television stations? or is it cable or satelite connection.  for some reason i dont think the disney channel even transmits over the air? 

The digital transistion that has just taken place several weeks ago only applies to people that use an antenna to recieve there telivision channels.  if you use a satelite dish or cable company you will be unaffected, unless whoever provides your service needs their head examined and didnt transition properly(0.00001% chance of that, so dont go pointing fingers yet). 

If you really are an antenna user, you can use your existing setup by purchasing a DTV converter box that will  pluggin in between your antenna and telivision.(government offers coupons, but retail is ~$50) If you get an antenna that was designed for DTV broadcast you will be better off as well, rather then the old analog antenna.

I think you need to investigate your situation a little closer in order for us to help you. BTW poorly built houses dont have anything to do with your situation, if you get one channel at all the wiring is fine.

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
no what i ment was that i while ago are house internet was down and my dad looked into it and he found some sort or problem that the contracters made but ill just try and and reset my cable

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal