Author Topic: CRAP!!! I'm freaking out...  (Read 1056 times)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
CRAP!!! I'm freaking out...
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »
I did a MFH job for someone and it was WORKING when I sent it to them
now they are making so many possibly false claims and threatening to take me to court.. I already refunded all the money so I'm already out the cost for the job.  :sadno:

I need help!

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Re: CRAP!!! I'm freaking out...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »
It'll all be okay, why would you send it to them if it wasn't working? Did you have it insured with the post office, did you offer them any sort of warranty? Do they have proof that you are the cause of it malfunctioning? Are you of legal age to be held accountable for any sort of agreement or contract? Can this person afford legal aid to actually take you to court? Just a few things to consider. Everything will be okay.

-TwisT

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
um... first of all, do they have proof? And you can't say these claims are false yet. It could've been damaged in transit. And besides, from what you told me, it had a malfunction, and you fixed it by adding something to the battery compartment. So it's possible the piece could have fallen out, or the fix was only temporary.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 06:16:06 PM »
No actually their claims dont have anything to do with that at all. It's a drifting analog and the right trigger feels loose  :eyebrow:

oh then then they threw in I chipped the faceplate which I Highly doubt as i didnt do anything with it. Plus it already was crap when I got it.

and it was working when I sent it to them... FYI.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:37:08 AM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »
Ok that is really ridiculous for taking you to court for that. But if you refunded the money and save those email that you sent to this person to prove it so then you dnt have to worry. But yea like w-gaming5 said make a video and pics to prove that you did your job right and it was working 100% before shipment next time.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
Just tell them you won't be held responsible as it was most likely damaged in post.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
btw i havnt read all yet but just a brief summery so here is what i say

im sure it will work out ok in the end

also i recomend this and may well write it into rules when i get back (along with other i promised but didnt get round to before i whent on holiday)

is that you all do what f00f00 did when he was the main modder for hire. do a video of oyu opening the package so that people knowthe state of it when it arrived, do a video part way through  showing progress and do a video of it finished just before you package it maybe even you putting it in the box then no one can say that you broke it etc and always always send it recorded and insured

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 02:59:23 PM »
a drifting stick and loose trigger sounds like a losse or not installed quite right on the face plate, that would make me think they opened it to see your work and could not put it back together right. dont refund the money, ask for it to be sent back and fix it if you can. If I paid you to do it, I would want to see how you ran the wires and what not.

just my thoughts.

If I was doing MFH I have and would place a stciker over the screw inside the battery compartment. A good sticker, that wont come of, you can even get them that say void if removed (you dont see it until removed)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal