Author Topic: Wireless Programmable Rapid Fire Controller?  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Richta Bean

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Wireless Programmable Rapid Fire Controller?
« on: August 05, 2009, 04:32:31 PM »
Ok so I was on a different forum the other day and the shop owner was basically flaming the viking360 guys for their product and acidmods and said that he was developing a "wireless programmable rapid fire controller" by "flashing the installed chip that is on the pcb" I was just wondering if this is at all possible?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Wireless Programmable Rapid Fire Controller?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
In short: No.

Basically he's probably just adding a PIC chip internally and wiring it so he can program it externally. It's been done before here.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
Jealous modder is jealous.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »
is it possible... yes

have we discussed it... yes

are we doing it... someday, but the rumors are not true there is no official Acidmods project under way.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 07:13:30 AM »
Wait, WHAT?
How's that possible? Wouldn't it be rewriting the firmware in the controller, or something?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »
it would be impossible to use the wireless that M$ uses in order to do it.  however that isnt what he was implying with his question.  it was more generic in that he wants to know if wireless programming could work.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 10:01:13 AM »
Oh...I'm pretty sure he was talking about the MS one. That's why I said no, lol.

Offline Richta Bean

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
My question was really could this person just flash the chip already in the controller to make a programmable controller. So if someone wanted a combo like "A,X,Y,Y,B" or whatever they could just program it that way. The person claims to have talked to Microsoft and patented the idea without circumventing their security technology and involving no installation of 3rf party parts so they seem pretty serious about it and claim to have it out in like 2 months. I just dk how realistic this concept is

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
My question was really could this person just flash the chip already in the controller to make a programmable controller. So if someone wanted a combo like "A,X,Y,Y,B" or whatever they could just program it that way. The person claims to have talked to Microsoft and patented the idea without circumventing their security technology and involving no installation of 3rf party parts so they seem pretty serious about it and claim to have it out in like 2 months. I just dk how realistic this concept is

what site is this I want to talk to that guy. LOL he is an idiot. first of all I dont think this is entierly posible, it would take some serious coding, and you need some way to activate it..IE 3rd party hardware..second microsoft would never allow this, they may do something themselves, but would never allow thier firmware to be overwritten in such a manner, not to mention, how would you program the chip.? have you looked at the main chip MS uses in these controllers? ROFL what you are speaking of is reverse engeneering and is illigal.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:56:03 PM by modded matt »

Offline Richta Bean

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »
yea i figured it sounded a little impossible...  if you want to see the forums for yourself like what the guy was talking about then head on over to Spark.......Mods and in their xboxs 360 forums its under the topic programmable rapid fire (im having a little trouble posting the link it keeps coming up as censored) basically the guy owns this site called crownmods and he flames other sites that sell rapid fire controllers
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:21:02 PM by Richta Bean »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »
If he suggests he can flash the MS chip inside the controller, he is talking out his  :censored:. That chip is an MS inhouse designed ASIC.

Plus, this guy posted the idea about a USB self-boot chip about 8 months ago and did not have the actual skill to make it happen. He is pissed because someone else actually did it, when he himself could not. Personally I dont think the Viking guys even knew about crownmods idea when they designed the V360 chip. But even if they did, who gives a  f:censored:? If some dip :censored: publically anounces an idea and then sits around with his thumb up his  :censored:, he deserves to lose the idea. Even a patent is not legitimate after so much time if you dont actually design the idea.

Just to piss him off more, I might actually spend a few lunches and design that wireless idea too. Maybe he will keep his mouth shut after that?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 05:08:12 AM »
you are the man hazer do you know they have your open source hosted on thier site with thier own pictures?

LOL I just had a good laugh looking at that site. these guys are thieves, thats the only way I can explane it. they steal everything they have, 90% of thier stuff is hazers open source, they were atleast smart enough to change the pictures, rapidfiremods is their shop. if you look through alot of our archive files, rapid firemods started at acidmods asking noob questions, now after learning what they need to brutally piece together a string of code, they want to bash acidmods. what an ass. if you really look deep these guys were looking to buy bulk chips from mike back in the day. the owner himself will tell you he dont know anything about electronics. this is just some guy looking to make profit off others work, all his AM bashing is a marketing stratagey and baseless, and is done to try and keep people from coming here and realising that everthing he does is really someone elses.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:49:30 AM by modded matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal