Author Topic: My ABXY LED chaser  (Read 2252 times)

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
My ABXY LED chaser
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:31:29 AM »
hey guys i made my ABXY chaser pad.

here's a quick vid showing it chasing woop

spurgurgle - ABXYchaser.flv

this is not as good as king mikes led chaser but does what i wanted it to so it'll do, seen as though it's a free code i found for a xmas tree decoration

i may get round to making a tut for this but i am also trying to internalise my xbox hardrive and making a tut for that at the mo
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:33:34 AM by spurgurgle »

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
Re: My ABXY LED chaser
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
kool

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
vey cool

where did you get the chaser chip?

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »
I would personally buy a chip from you.I think leaving the choice of which LEDs one wants to use up to them would be cool. However all in the same breath maybe some would want to get a kit becasue they dont know much about LEDs or whatever. What about having both options? One as a kit and one for just the chip? How my feedback plays a part with your decision.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
i made the chaser chip myself, well i was searching the net for flashing LED's and found a code for the pic12f683 (which i have som of from RFmods)
the code i found was for a five pointed star (xmas decoration) which was designed for 20 charliplexed Led's to be wired to. and a button to turn it on and off
i played around with this a bit and found with the five outputs you could make som cool patterns then ended up putting it in a pad im only wired to  2 of the outputs for the leds  for this to give the chaser effect. also used colored LEDS for this as the white ones just wernt bright enough through the chip.

and as for mike selling his chaser chip yeah i think you should sell both kit and chip form kits for peolple who dont av lit buttons mods already and chip's for people like me who have lit buttons in all of there pads.

i also found som other chaser codes for the 16somthing chip but i dont av any of these to test on at the mo so may be placing a order of them somwhere to test that chaser out on as it has more functions and LEDS

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
Spurgurgle I must say I like your as well and I like that you gave the idea out to how someonelse could do it as well. I wish I had a little more experiance with programing and I would make a tut on how to do it and give a code as well. However I dont know how to program so I will either use open source codes or buy a chip from mike. I actually have asked several people in the past including mike about a chip or program but it seems noone would help me out when I asked. Trust me I am not attacking anyone and please dont take it that way mike. I am just saying I think its great that someone has shed a little light on how to do this if your not a programer. I have had and still have a few ideas but couldnt take them any further than my thoughts because I am not a programmer. I am trying to learn to program as we speak but really cant get where I want to be. And I have asked in more than one forum how to get started and I always get the " GOOGLE" response. Trust me I have been all over google and all over sooooo many sites looking to learn to program but still have yet to learn. Anyways I am getting off topic I just wanted to say great job and thanks for the idea to use a different intended open source program for the abxy button install.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »
hey just to let ya guys know where i found this code and it as freeeeeeee
if any1 wants it let me know n i'll email it or host it somwhere for ya to save hunting the endless net for it and im making up a wiring and tut for it at teh mo anyway so hopefully will be up soon

then every1 can av flashing buttons for freeeee
 :hifive:

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
Way to go Spurgurgle thanks for helping out. I want to try out the code you have and maybe try to modify it a little without messing it up. Ha ha ....Not mess it up yeah right. Me plus trying to edit a program equals failure. LoL   

...Any word on when your will be for sale Mike? How much do you plan on selling just the chip for?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal