Author Topic: What we need to do  (Read 668 times)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
What we need to do
« on: August 24, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
I posted another thread in spam and chat,which I will admit I flipped,I am sorry to those which I targeted in the post.But there were problems that need to be adressed,for instance,most of us can't afford to do extravagant work.

The first issue that needs adressing is the shop,we need to get the shop up and running and find good suppliers and someone willing to invest in bulk items to extend the profit margins.We need to make ourselves independent from Coolmods etc.

The other problem that needs adressing is we need some publicity,bring in new members and new talent.I ask for Robins permission to act as an Acidmods representitive on AbleGamers.com (a site for disbled gamers) to hold a draw in which the winner will have a custom controller for any system the want made by me,I will provide the controller.

We need to get the R&D team back up running,and we also need to bring the members closer to each other.For this I have set up an IRC channel, #acidmods and #acidmodsrnd on EfNet,I will have these channels sup and runing in an hour or so.

The last problem is,we need YOU,the community.Instead of sticking around spam and chat,venture outside,there are many great forums on acidmods.Get into some new types of modding,car modding,motorbike modding,laptop modding,sound system modding etc.
Originality in console modding is getting rarer and rarer.

I'm willing to take the bull by the horns,now who's with me?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:01:52 PM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: What we need to do
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
much better post ryan. I guess uve decided to stick it out?

#1) is in the works.. comong in the next week or so.
#2) admin needs to sit and discuss this..but is a posibility,
#3) I agree, first lets see whos on R&D and if they should be..then nominate members
#4) I cant help here, I have donated to the competition prizes to help people get more involved... has everyone noticed the competition pages?

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: What we need to do
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »
I can't wait to see a R&D running again, its always so exiting when new mods are pumped out.

I really think we need a shop going, that's reliable and takes the community's ideas and puts them in the store.

I would love this site to return to the status of "Leaders in Modding Technology". We have plenty of able minds, we need to put those together with some of our able modding hands and bring new mods to our great community and the entire modding community.

If you ever need me for anything, just send me a PM I'm always up for a challenge.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal