Author Topic: leds for xbox 360?  (Read 11557 times)

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: leds for xbox 360?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »
ok i need some help wheres a good place to get power for leds cause theres so many im not sure weather i might mess something up for taking power from a certain spot http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=613160

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »
Have a good read of RDC's first message on that post, says it all really - there's also a decent amount of feedback on the better connectors to use. Scary I know but as long as you're careful it'll be ok!
What LED setup did you go for in the end?

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
im not sure yet i need to come up with a good design for the xbox case ... im planing on selling the xbox when im done with it but i need a sort of neutral design that looks kool and isn't a fan based kind of thing like halo3 or some game i was thinking of making one like this but with a radioactive sign and green leds with a reverse cut or maybe a few sillhouttes girls on the case but then again i dont think anyone will buy something like that... they might but not for a lot of money http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280407558884&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://www.myprofilepimp.us/myprofilepimp/public_html/presentation/images/layout-thumbnails/64132.jpg

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »
I'm sure a trucker would buy an xbox with a silhouette girl on it! I think the most important thing is to do something that you like, if you like the design you'll be more inclined to finish it, you're going to have to put a lot of effort into it to make it look good.
Once you've decided on your design then you can work on your lighting.

Offline phenoptix

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Phenoptix
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 12:13:02 AM »
If we're advertising I have a load of LEDs too phenoptix.com

Offline lookkool3

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »
i just tried the leds on my friends xbox uv leds 3 (5mm) leds to a 12 volt supply with a 68 OHMS ressitor worked out great  :#1:

were still working on the case and putting everything in its place ill get some pics when we finish
now i just have to do my xbox. i just need a design. i have one but its really complicated but im up for a challenge what do you guys think im going to try and put this on my case

do you guys have any advice or tips any ideas that might help?
im going to print it cut the black areas out with a xacto knife make a stencil out of it then trace the whole thing on the xbox case with sharpie and cut it with a dremel cutting wheel and drill the detail parts like the feathers and then i need something to file around the really small detail parts but thats the easy part the hard part is deciding the led light colors i want i need something that looks real evil sinsiter colors so it flows good with the design

this is going on an xbox elite that has a flashed drive and 120 gb harddrive its mine but i plan on selling it if all this goes according to plan
oh yeah and can someone help me with the pulse chips from sick mods i think i saw a tut somewhere but i dont know if it was on this site
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:25:25 PM by lookkool3 »

Offline whoFarted

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »
You still have my email, hit me up and I'll explain installing the pulse...It's hella easy...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal