Author Topic: Been looking at college courses...  (Read 651 times)

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
Been looking at college courses...
« on: October 24, 2009, 06:41:44 AM »
And I found the one I want, it's about 15 miles (30 min drive) from where I live. Here are the course details -

BND Media Production (Television & Film)
Qualification

BTEC National Diploma
Awarded By    EdExcel
Course Code    6130
Length of Course    Two Years
Entry Requirements    Four GCSE grades A-C (preferably Maths and English) or BTEC First Diploma in a related subject or Intermediate GNVQ in a related subject. At interview a portfolio/sketch book with an idea for a film/TV drama. This will include a proposal and a sketchbook/folder of research.
Who is the course for?    This course is for learners who wish to learn practical and theory knowledge in order to progress into the film or television industry. This course is also for learners who wish to take a more practical route toward University and employment.
What will I Achieve?    BTEC National Diploma which is equivalent to 3 A Levels at grades A – C
About the course    This is a two year, practically assessed course that combines practical and theoretical teaching and learning. It will run for two years and learners will complete 18 units overall. This will include making a documentary, a drama, a music video and various T.V studio projects. Learners will also complete a final piece for exhibition.

This course does not have any initial costs, however learners will be expected to buy small essential items such as Mini DV tapes and memory sticks. Learners will also go on a number of educational visits throughout the two years and will be expected to contribute towards this. These visits could range from a cinema trip up to a residential to New York- these are costed accordingly and letters will be sent out detailing the costs.
Assessment    Learners are assessed through practical coursework and are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. Each unit is then calculated into a final overall grade.
What else will I do?    Alongside the main qualification, learners will also complete a separate Apple Edit training course and a key skills qualification at level 2 & 3.
Next Start Date    September
Progression    This course provides opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 vocationally specific qualification either to enter employment in the media industries or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications.
Cost of the course    FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment. For over 19s the cost is £1,194 per year. For applicants from outside the UK and EU the cost is £4,600 per year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal