Author Topic: RGB led in a psp1000 L+R trigger  (Read 5232 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
RGB led in a psp1000 L+R trigger
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
ive been looking at some SMT and came across this

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=6700007

i know the psp 1000 trigger mod the smt always stay on at all time i would like to know if this is ganna flicker when i do a VU mod with it or will it not work at all? What does anyone think?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:28:25 PM by The End of A Heartache »
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: RGB led in a psp1000 L+R trigger
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »
Are you trying to say you want it to flicker when you hit the trigger?

BTW: what is a UV mod....

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »
I think the VU mod is in reference to the VU Meter mods that were done a while back where a group of leds are made to create a graphic representation of audio levels like home stereo EQs had...

VU Meter

examples:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,25831.0.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VU_meter

Yes, I suppose you could do this with RGB LEDs you would just have to adapt an available schematic for use in your specific situation...

anyone feel free to correct me or point out failures in my logic...

edit:
another good resource from in house:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,20161.0.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:03:48 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 03:13:01 PM »
 FOOKz actually i wanted to color change with the sound of the the audio. I was putting a few more thoughts to it and was thinking of switching it to the Wifi on switch or card readign indicator so it flickers with the green led when i connect to the internet or the card is reading... attaching the blue to the audio (left and right speakers) and red to the or hold switch so all three goes on when i want it too...

or crossing wires so on the left side of the trigger the blue and green flickers individually cause ill attach the green to the left speaker and the blue to the right and visversa on the right side of the trigger and have the red on with the hold switch.

But idk if this kind of smt is worth it to do.. idk if it has a built in 555 timer for fade on it... maybe i should buy three different smt and do my individual lines to it...

random is fun

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »
All as i can say is don't bite off more than you can chew.
Try Experimenting with some Zener diodes to create different voltage levels with your multi colored RGB-LEDs

Zener Diodes drop about 0.6 to 0.7 volts each here in the schematic...
But you can find other kinds that drop even more than 0.6v
---------------------------------
im about to give you a few chip numbers so you don't waste $50 on a PLC to carry out a simple job.

you can use comparators the [ LM339 ]
and lastly an VERY simple one shot using a [ 555 ]

the 555 and the 339 can be found at RadioShack.
------------------------------------
when you connect the LEDs from the output of the 555 A/D converter, put a 1uF Capacitor in Parallel with your LED if you want a fader Effect.

Change the 33K OHM resistor for Tone Adjustment.
Change the 330 OHM resistor to adjust Duty Cycle of the output signal.(how long ON in proportion to How Long OFF versus input signal's peak voltage)

hook up 3 of these circuits with different duty cycles and input tones you can make something like a UV meter.
-------------------------

These are just some ideas and suggestions to get your mind going in the right direction.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »
ty FOOKz im hopeing i dont chew off alot.. ive done some trigger led mods on my 1000 and 2000 which was simple direct connection to the audio led connection no resistor. this sounds abit hard for a navolest like me but i dont mind doing some hard work :)

thanks also for the tip  and for the idea on the fade... i know theres different kinds of 555 timers for various current,wattage's im ganna crank some numbers to figure out which chip i want to get.... I used a 555 timer on a 360 control mod for a friendbut was over 6 months ago i dont remember which 555 timer i used..i might want to go with that..ty for the skemetics  :tup:

The radio shack here has no more electronics.. they have been turned into a verizon phone store and electronic toy shop.... the company that i found the smt has great pricing.. i already shoped with them b4..spending only $16 on a box full of components.  ganna do a VU at home from a site i found online..ganna swap the 3 LED for a tricolor led and make a base with a crystal like display for the LED but that will be another project.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:37:47 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
From past experience you usually don't want to use a CMOS 555 for high current use. Use a NE555 Model or equivalent.
I believe it munches 15 to 50mA.
** Good Component numbers for a high current output **
Sylvania    NTE955M           (CMOS; 25.5mA -)
Zetex       ZSCT1555          (TTL MOS; 40mA -)
Fairchild    NE555 or KE555  (TTL; 50mA -)

Hey Keep up the good ethic. and that sucks they converted Radioshack into a waste-of-space Verizon phone store. :greedy:

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »
thanks fookz :)

And yeh,I knew it was ganna happen someday with radioshack, i saw they still manage to have some stores with components to buy, but i think they got the wrong people working there  :laughing: i asked for some heatshrinking tubes at 1/16 and 1/8 size and they looked at me as if i was speaking chinese and pointed me to where they hold there soldering equipments. anyways i want to use this mod on something else. Bad of me to do so much all at once but i love the random INZANE!

i try to look for the 555 timer the NE555. Would a NE555P work?
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=2480294

I have drawn up some skemetic of this kind of timer

Im hoping im right, i have googled for some skemetics and can only find a handful with a reasonable power range and the amount of LED i want to use... i want to built two one for the front panel and another for the side.. i will build another for the psp :) but time to refill my pre paid card and start semi shopping lol

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:55:09 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal