Author Topic: Wifi Activated LEDs Question  (Read 1206 times)

Offline dd409

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • Lockerz Invites
Wifi Activated LEDs Question
« on: November 30, 2009, 09:16:59 PM »
Ok, so I found this diagram:

According to this, I bridge the two top pins (effectively permanently activating wifi?) and use the bottom pin as my ground.  With this setup, moving the wifi switch down closes the circuit and turns on the LEDs.

However, I would like--for purely cosmetic reasons--to make the wifi switch up activate the LEDs (use the top pin as ground).  Could I do this and still keep wifi functionality?  I wouldn't be able to bridge the top two pins if I wanted to use the top as ground, so is there a different location I could bridge the middle to, so that wifi would still be enabled?

Here's a picture of the wifi switch for reference (sorry it's blurry, my camera doesn't do closeups well).  Could I maybe bridge the middle pin with one of the resistors above?  Looking at the PCB, it seems like the top pin connects to the left side of the top resistor.  Would that work, or should I just use the bottom pin and forget it?

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Wifi Activated LEDs Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:37:22 PM »
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:38:19 PM by W-Gaming5 »
:censored:

Offline Flying_MashedPotatoes

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »
lol, you have a better camera for zooming in than i do...

there are tutorials on how to connect to the wifi switch..follow those instead of trying to make up your own way... unless you choose to do so.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
Im not sure if that will do what you want, but i made that crappy diagram and then deciced to make a better one because it was kind of confuse. So picture follows-

Fullsize Link-
http://i46.tinypic.com/sooi20.png
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:25:06 PM by Jumbo »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal