Author Topic: picaxe Rapid fire help  (Read 3021 times)

Offline sweettommy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
picaxe Rapid fire help
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »
I want to do what the NE555N timer does on a picaxe 08m. I want to use a potentiometer to adjust the speed of rapid fire. I want to have Rapid fire off at one side of the pot. I just want to have rapid fire on the right trigger only. Overall i would like to get rid of the transistor, some of the resistors, also doing this freeform would be great becuase it's hard to do freeform on the 555 mod. My potentiometer is 100k. I dont think that i should use the picaxe, but if it makes things easier for me than i would most likely do it. If anybody can give me some advice on if i should do this or not that would be great.

Thanks,
TOMMY

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: picaxe Rapid fire help
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:50:12 AM »
ok so I think you have been reading too much. a picaxe will requier writing a code, I dont think you are going to be writing code anytime soon, so the picaxe is no good.

you can use topfire which has a user selectable rate of fire, look in opensource/free codes

or

you can use the 555 timer with a pot. but you must have the resistors for each of these.

Offline sweettommy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »
I want to be able to do the same thing as a 555 mod on a picaxe 08m. I haven't written any code before and i thought that picaxe would be a place to start. I have done about 50 555 mods so i want to make things easier. I dont want to use topfire, I personally do not like the mod. So I'm wondering if using a picaxe instead of a 555 would be worthwhile? I know in the long run it would make things easier but I don't know if the code writing part would be hard or not.

Thanks MaTT

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:34:24 AM »
I have no experience with a picaxe, however what you seek can be done using microcontrollers and a picaxe is a microcontroller. 

essentially you want a chip that has an input for a potentiometer that varies the speed of an output used for rapidfire. 2 parts, a chip and potentiometer ideally, however an additional resistor and capacitor would be recommended.

What you would need to do is to take and Analog to Digital reading on the pin that is attached to a potentiometer.  Depending on what voltage is read from the ADC (Analog to Digital Conversion) a corresponding fire rate will be outputed on the correct pin.  Also a digital on off button input and LED indicator would be desirable to some.

Sound easy?  It would take a decent initial investment as well as an aptitude to learn this type of thing in order to create a mod like this.  Even without the on/off button or led indicator it will take a fair bit of effort to accomplish.  Your best bet is to request this code in toppbuzz code request page.  If you do want to DIY then picaxe is probably a good choice to start with.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:34:54 AM by 802Chives »

Offline sweettommy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
Sounds fairly easy and where do i get an ADC ? I don't want any extra buttons or Syncing crap, just a potentiometer.
Thanks a lot, I think that I will give a go at creating a pic.

Thanks,
Tommy

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:09:47 PM »
The ADC is built into the PIC/ Picaxe.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline sweettommy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 09:30:50 PM »
So would the pot work the same? Would it have the same wide range of speed like the 555 mod? Or would it just give me like a few speeds? I don't understand how i would read the potentiometer through ADC, can somebody help me once i get the kit in my hands. Also if i were to use the sync button to change modes like for dual wield then do you think i would have enough room on the chip? Bottom line i want to keep the potentiometer with the same wide range as the 555 mod but maybe i could have another mode for dual wield or halo or some other game that doesn't use the same kind of rapid fire maybe like a burst mode or something. Thanks for the help everyone.

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Programmer / Security Expert
    • http://milw0rm.com/author/1141
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
As a reply to your PM.

Yes the coding will be difficult. If you havent written any code before.. I dont recommend jumping into this project, you simply wont know where to start, at least have a basic understanding of BASIC/ASM first. And PIC architecture.

Alot of rapidfire systems/controllers lack ALOT of what t0pFire has.. Has hazer as stated before regarding is gamerf etc.. since mine uses the same techniqes as him. 555 is obselete... and writing another rapidfire is pointless.. since with me and hazers codes to pick from i doubt you can beat it :-).

Offline sweettommy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 08:52:13 AM »
I want my controller to be simple, no modes or extra buttons, just a potentiometer. Would I be able to have the same range of speeds with the picaxe like with the 555 mod?

Offline t0pP8uZz

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Programmer / Security Expert
    • http://milw0rm.com/author/1141
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
Please read what were saying. It all depends on the code you write and program to the pic.

You can use a ADC converter and come up with some simple logic to change speed with a potentiometer.

Offline sweettommy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 06:25:46 PM »
What does the pot hook up to ? the ground, the power and ? or do i have this wrong. My pot has 4 pins but it only takes 2 to read it thats why I am confused.

Thanks,

Tommy

Post Merge: February 20, 2010, 05:21:49 PM
I hooked up my pot to pins b0 and adc1 and I am using this code:

main: ‘ make a label called main
readadc 1,b0 ‘ read channel 1 into variable b0
debug b0 ‘ transmit value to computer screen
pause 500 ‘ short delay
goto main ‘ jump back to the start

It goes to debug and shows a reading on b0.

Its works but it isn't giving me a consistent reading. am i doing something wrong?

Post Merge: February 21, 2010, 03:12:30 PM
I don't know if I can start another thread about my code but anyways. I got my pot hooked up and got a good reading of 1-255 and im only usin half the pot so its 125-255 and I want to have like 10 modes. So I could use...

If b0 < 130 then mode 1
 If b0 < 140 then mode 2
Ect....10 modes

how do i get 10 rapid fire speeds, i have been lookin in other codes but im a little confused, again.

this is the first part of a 3 mode code.

Setfreq m8
rapidoff:
Low 1
do
if pin3 = 1 then pause1
loop while pin3 = 0
goto rapidoff
pause1:
pause 1000
goto rapidon
rapidon:
Low 1
Pause 300
High 1
Readadc 4,b0
If b0 < 30 then Rapidfire1
If pin3 = 1 then pause2
goto rapidon
Rapidfire1:
Do
High 1
Low 4
Pause 180
High 4
Low 1
Pause 175
b0=b0 and %00000000
Let dirs=b0
Readadc 4, b0
Loop while b0 < 30
goto rapidon
pause2:
pause 1000
goto rapidon2
rapidon2:
Low 1
Pause 200
High 1
Readadc 4,b0
If b0 < 30 then Rapidfire2
If pin3 = 1 then pause3
goto rapidon2

How do i program to get it through the trigger? I want to have 10 speeds ideally 40 trigger pulls a second, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 3, 2, 1, i guess that would be good but im not quite sure.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:12:30 PM by sweettommy »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal