Author Topic: Will pulling this pin keep the xbox from turning on and allow an electric lock?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I will be installing an electric Key lock but there are too many ways to turn the xbox on, and too many power pins, is there any pin that will prevent the Xbox from turning on, without crashing the system?

I think pulling the 5V Standby pin, (which supplies power to the board when off), and putting a switch in between it should keep it from powering on, by the power button and controller.  Does Anyone know if this will work.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:56:50 PM by mastapsp »

Offline StoopidMunkee

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
i dont think so that sounds a little dangerous really =/
i unno thats just my thought on it
i think pspkicks knows a thing or two
along with modded matt

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
I wouldn't cut it, because a lot of components use that while the system is off.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
the power enable is what turns on the PSU to give it 12v. that would be your best bet

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I wouldn't cut it, because a lot of components use that while the system is off.

Isn't that the only power going through the board when the system is off; powering the components that allow the xbox to be turned on, such as the IR, the wireless and the power button. Wouldn't it be the same as having the system unplugged if the 5v was disconnected and the power is off.
The point is to add a electric lock to keep the system from powering on, not to turn it off while the system is already on.

Post Merge: January 24, 2010, 01:26:16 AM
the power enable is what turns on the PSU to give it 12v. that would be your best bet

Thanks, 
I will be starting a form when I start.
 I have spent nearly $200 on custom parts not including the 360.  I have the pulsevu 2x for sound reactive LED's that will be change modes via switch or Reed switch, a 2 way mirror, a chrome illuminated latch switch for the core cooler fans, a cpu and sys temp sensor, the 360 cam to put behind the mirror, possible built in wifi, and LED chaser,
also looking into putting in a wireless toggle switch, and putting the transmitter the 360 controller, could control the LED's on the pulse vu if i wanted to do 2 separate colors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300388121596&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:26:16 AM by mastapsp »

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
my buddy did this, but cut one of the pins going to the rol board, since without the rol board, it will not turn on

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Which pin?

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
He thinks it was the power pin, he said he is going to try and take a picture of which pin it is

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Cool.

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
my buddy did this, but cut one of the pins going to the rol board, since without the rol board, it will not turn on

I see how it could prevent the power button from working but what about the wireless, will it still turn on with the controller, or the IR remote.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
No. The RoL board (also called the RF board) is where the transceiver for the controller is. The 360 does not turn on AT ALL when the RoL board is not connected.

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I feel like he should try the ROL board first.  That way if he totally FOOkz it up :) he can switch it out with another ROL board.

Offline mastapsp

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
No. The RoL board (also called the RF board) is where the transceiver for the controller is. The 360 does not turn on AT ALL when the RoL board is not connected.

Ok, that helps, I will try the ROL board

If anyone could post a picture of it that would be great

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal