Author Topic: Ammo Indicator?  (Read 2194 times)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Ammo Indicator?
« on: December 31, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »
Ammo indicator on your Controller just for show.
- has to use a micro controller that counts how many times you hit/push/hold the fire button/trigger
- Two LED displays mounted somewhere on the controller
- Programmable Different Games' Weapons:
         - COD: MP5 SAW MP40 P90 PTRS Gewehr...
         - Halo: BR SMG Sniper Rockets PlasmaRifle...
         - GTA: G17 UZI Shotgun M4...
         - SOCOM: SFCR-LW FAMAS HK5 M60E4...
(i think you get it)

Maybe The pic can detect shots fired from an event when the rumble packs (motor) turn on for a short moment to count off ammo being used. i'm not quite sure maybe it can be done to program this. Maybe to use the amount of time to use up all the ammo versus how long they held the trigger to shoot.

I don't know if micro controllers have LED Display drivers installed or if you can just program the output as a 7 segment output, im just not an expert; if i would do this then i would program an 8 bit data out for the displays and use 4511B Decoder Drivers to run the Displays.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: Ammo Indicator?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 03:11:56 AM »
Maybe not an ammo count, just a mag count. I think the ammo count could be way ocercomllocated unless you hacked the game and xbox to transfer certain info via USB to a chip in the controller. Or with the original idea, maybe instead of a segmented display, you cound use LEDs , eg 3 green, 1 orange, 1 red, , full ammo all LEDs, low orange, none/very few red.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 04:29:45 AM »
this isa cool idea... but to put a downer on it..... you could work out how many bullets each clip on every gun in every game. and the exact fire rate of each gun..... then program all this into some for of chip.... then set the chip to the right game and gun and firerate and clip size..... then the chip can take input from the trigger to see how long your pulling it and work out how many shots would have been fired in that time. then output the info to a small digit display.....

but why do all of this just for a ammo indicator when theres pretty much always one on the screen your looking at.... i dont know bout you guys but when i play my games consoles i look at the screen not the pad..... so again why a ammo indictor on a pad.... theres one on the screen....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:46 AM »
I see what you mean Spurg.. although it would be really good if you could program it to speak..?

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:38:21 AM »
lol yeah it would be cool if your pad shouted stuff like low ammo or reload when your clip got low....  but would it be worth the work......

another thing is you'd have to program the mod to reconise when you reload.. so it starts the count down again... dunno bout you guys but i always reload before my clip runs out... unless im under heavy fure lol

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 04:55:03 AM »
this is just not practical sorry for reasons sperg has stated. When using a full auto wepon, its a trigger pull and hold, the controller will have no way to know how may shots were fireed. this will be affected by game lag, double tap etc.  not to mention each gun for each game would be a differetn mode, and heven forbid you switch to a pistol and pop ooff afew rounds..

very cool idea though

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 05:31:04 AM »
Mod the xbox. Only way I can see it working. Could be feasible for a pc though

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:14:48 PM »
You could time the ammo indicator your favorite weapons, for example only the BR or Sniper in Halo... and the FAMAS or Shotty in Call of Duty since they are all burst and single shot weapons it would be rather easy to program an event when the trigger is pressed.

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 02:30:28 AM »
One sec.... How about some switches... One for semi/3burst/5burst/fastauto/slowauto (firerate)

small/med/large/extralarge (mag size)

instead of firerate switch you could autodetect when the motor switch on while the rtrigger is held down.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »
The only times i can see this to be practical is if you want to showoff your modding skills and put a huge 7-segment display on the front of a controller and say you did that.

For automatic weapons it is just too much of a pain in TeH butt to get the timing calibrated to count how much ammo is left.

I see this to be practical only for burst or single shot weaponry.

Yes in fact you could pull the signal from the motor to trigger the countdown, but what if a player has vibration turned off? Just sink the input through the trigger.

I will do something simpler than counting the ammo soon i will just make a circuit which will change colors (RGB) only when the trigger is pressed... w/o using PICs (because thats my style).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal