Author Topic: How to lose stomach fat?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
How to lose stomach fat?
« on: February 22, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »
Um, not sure if this is the right section but...
I've been working out for about 2 months now and I can see the results, but I want better abs. I can see my abs when I'm doing sit-ups, but normally they don't have too much definition.  I think if I got rid of just a little stomach fat it would help a lot.  I'm pretty lean in all my other areas so how would I only lose fat around my stomach? My stomach really isn't that big, and I can't go on a diet or anything because I still need lots of food for my work-outs.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:11:27 PM by Ghost In Black »

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: How to lost stomach fat?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:52:42 PM »
"Sit-ups" are mearly not enough for "toned" abs, mostly you will need to go on a strict diet on things that consist on things such as; Protein & Calcium, and less in foods high in saturated and non-saturated foods.

It's important to train your whole body as well, in basic training such as; Running and Swimming.

Do not over train, it's important that your muscle have there rest, without rest your putting your self at risk of serious injury.

Offline pigoesfar

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 03:55:18 AM »
I have a bunch of friends that enjoy working out, [meh], and they all say that the biggest mistake is that people always start with one routine and just do that.  It works at first, but it slowly looses effectiveness over time if you don't work those muscles (and others) differently.  They suggested that I find a few good routines and put them in order, when I feel that they are loosing effectiveness (usually about a week is a good idea) change the routine up by adding/changing one, and switching the order.  Also, as Starrz said, exercising your other muscles and cardiovascular system as a whole and diet are also important.

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:28:34 AM »
You should mix up your routines, If you stick to just one it starts to be less effective.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:00:21 AM »
Just watch your eating and dont use all those diet pills and that crap..

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 03:42:13 PM »
Ok thanks for the advice. Once it gets nice outside I'll start cardio because I hate running inside, and I do indoor soccer anyways now. Plus I actually enjoy running outside.
How would I switch up my routine though? Right now I'm doing each machine with 12 then 10,8,6 reps, and upping the weight when I can do all 6 reps on the last set.

Oh, and yeah I haven't ever taken any diet pills or anything like that.  They're a waste of money, and I've always been slim anyways.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:45:05 PM by Ghost In Black »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »
to lose weight regardless of the area you need to change your eating habits and do a regular cardio workout. anything that gets your heart rate up and keeps it there for the entire workout will be a good cardio workout for you, it does not necessarily have to be running...

to switch up your routine don't do your whole body every day, do upper body one day, lower the next, core the next day. rotate which parts of the body you work out on each day to give them a break and recuperate.
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal