Microsoft
5 (25%)
None
2 (10%)
The Donkey
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 27, 2010, 12:28:08 AM

Author Topic: Who won E3?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Spriche

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Who won E3?
« on: June 20, 2010, 12:28:08 AM »
With E3 wrapped up in a nice little bow, one burning question remains, who won this years E3? After watching the press conferences, and seemingly lived and breathed nothing but E3 this week(through a computer monitor anyway) I would have to give the edge to Nintendo this year.

After two years of boring awkward casual snooze-fests, Nintendo finally pulled out the big guns this year! I was entertained and wowed by almost everything they showed. Let's go through the list....

They announced a new Kirby game for wii callled Kirby's Epic Yarn, which by the way looks amazing! I mean, right off the bat they showed off some Zelda gameplay, although one minor downside to that was the technical difficulties they had playing it, the game still looked fantastic.

They showed off Epic Mickey for the first time and I am defiantly looking forward to that. The one game that really has me giddy though, is Donkey Kong Country Returns. I remember as a young pup being blown away by DK on the SNES and looking at this new has me really super pumped.

Then they revealed the 3DS. I will say I was very skeptical of it when I first heard about it. I still want to play it before I form a full opinion, but from what I've heard, read, and saw, this thing seems pretty impressive! If the 3D works as good as everyone says it does then Nintnedo will have my money. And oh god the game line up! Kid Icarus, Metal Gear Solid, Paper Mario, and Ocarina of time remake, a Pioltwings game, and a ton of other third party support has me really excited.

Even though I couldn't see it in 3D the graphics a impressive all by themselves too! Some games even look better than their Wii counterparts, like animal crossing.

I feel the Big N dominated this year with strong  core  titles, and a awesome piece of hardware.

I will try to have some vids of those trailers and what I thought about Sony and Microsoft when I'm on a computer that doesn't suck.  But by all means, voice your opinion on who you think won by voting in the poll and commenting on it. Just remember this post is a classy joint, so don't turn it into some juvenile fanboy flame war.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:28:44 AM by Spriche »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Who won E3?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:36:48 AM »
Well let's see.

Microsoft came out with a new console revision with features we already knew were coming. They also came out with Kinect, which we've known completely about for ages now.

Sony came out with...a wii remote knockoff.

Nintendo came out with completely new hardware, pioneering the next gen era of videogaming. They also released new features on their new console which were previously unknown. They also announced revisions for some of the most popular games in history and some new games in the most popular series'.

I think we can see the winner here. I'm proud of Nintendo and will actually be buying their new console this time.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 12:36:52 PM »
i liked the 3d gaming on the ps3. im looking forward to that once i have saved up for the 3d tv

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »
I didn't mention that because we all knew it was coming. All they had to do was release a firmware update and make games in 3D. That's not a "new feature" or anything lol

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:56:11 PM »
I think 3d gaming is going to flop. just my openion. 

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:57:10 PM »
I think 3d gaming is going to flop. just my openion.

seconded

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
"Don't worry guys, we have 3D too! To use it, all you need is a multi-thousand dollar TV that's made by us as well!"

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
I don't think it's that bad Kicks. It was exactly the same when the released projection screen tvs, plasma, lcd, and high definition. Still I think I'll wait before I pony up that sort of cash. At least until they do what Nintendo did and don't require you to wear the glasses. (Bothersome to do with real glasses on as well.) I'd hate to buy a 3D tv today and then have a new one come out in a few years. It always happens. So I'd just sit back and wait.

-TwisT

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 11:55:48 AM »
I don't think it's that bad Kicks. It was exactly the same when the released projection screen tvs, plasma, lcd, and high definition. Still I think I'll wait before I pony up that sort of cash. At least until they do what Nintendo did and don't require you to wear the glasses. (Bothersome to do with real glasses on as well.) I'd hate to buy a 3D tv today and then have a new one come out in a few years. It always happens. So I'd just sit back and wait.

-TwisT

I agree, I think anyone who buys a 3D tv right now that requires the glasses is a moron. We'll wait til these hit the stores, you can keep your glasses sony lol http://www.alioscopyusa.com/
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 12:39:59 PM »
I agree, I think anyone who buys a 3D tv right now that requires the glasses is a moron. We'll wait til these hit the stores, you can keep your glasses sony lol http://www.alioscopyusa.com/
well i dont think i would get a tv from them. i would prefer one with glasses as at least with the glasses you have a massive viewing angle (i got almost horizontal to a sammy one and it still had a good image) these non glasses solutions have an extremely narrow angle (same issues as people have said about the 3ds) where if you go even slightly out of the viewing angle it just throws the entire image out of wack. and the glasses on the sammy i found to be suprisingly comfy even when used over the top of my current glasses

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal