Author Topic: PulseVU + GBAccelerator, will it fit? [Plus some n00b questions]  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Darii

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Although I have done two (mostly successful) case swaps, I am still somewhat inexperienced in the field of console modding.  I am currently looking into rebuilding a DS with both sound reactive LEDs and the ability to overclock, and have found the information needed to complete these here https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,16264.0.html and here http://www.modd3d.com/articles/item/overclock-your-nintendo-ds-lite.  However, one thing still worries me: Both guides say to place the respective chip in the same place.  Is it possible to fit both of these in the same DS unit, and if so, where should the second chip go?

Also, on an unrelated note, during both of the case swaps I have done, I have had problems with stripping the screws, the heads of the screws, or both.  These weren't the cheap, flimsy screws thrown in with the DX cases either, these screws were OEM.  Is there some advice I missed, or am I just being too forceful with the screwdriver?

Offline Mailyfesux

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PulseVU + GBAccelerator, will it fit? [Plus some n00b questions]
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »
I dont know about the 2 mods ,but it probably wont fit in the same place. you would have to find another location for one of them.

As for stripping the screws, that happened to me too. Only way to prevent that is to be more careful. You can always just use the dx screws.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Re: PulseVU + GBAccelerator, will it fit? [Plus some n00b questions]
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
screws only strip if you're using the wrong size or shape screwdriver
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal