Author Topic: Another iPhone 4G Leak?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Another iPhone 4G Leak?
« on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
Possible iPhone 4G Prototype Pops up on Vietnamese Tech Site
by, aquatsr

Tinhte.com - Trên tay phiên bản thử nghiệm iPhone 4G

Whatever the deal is with the infamous Apple security, somebody may have dropped the ball on this one. If this device is authentic, then this is the second major leak to come out about the 4G iPhone. Like the iPhone Gizmodo found this device looks remarkably similar.

Although Apple has yet to threateningly ask for their device back, the Taoviet people performed a classic teardown of the hardware. Inside the device they found an A4 processor, which is the same as that found in the iPad. Additionally there was "N90" found inside on a white sticker, which is the internal designation for the next-gen iPhone, verified in iTunes internals.

The are a few differences between this device and the iPhone Gizmodo got their hands on. First, there is the absence of screws at the bottom of the device, perhaps suggesting that this model is closer to the production design that we'll see upon consumer release. Second, the camera is slightly different in that it is larger and has a bezel around it, something the previous camera did not have.

This device also did not have a working OS, simply a picture of some flames in what looked like a test environment. If the device is not an iPhone, it is indeed a convincing fake.

Sources:
yahoo
engadget
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:50:58 PM by aquatsr »
Kamelot Forever

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Another iPhone 4G Leak?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 01:58:22 AM »
my guess is that the first leak was an accident but now because of that leak apple have done another controlled leak in order to keep the 4g in the news probably trying to overshadow some of the android phones that have come out and are coming out over recent weeks

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
wow to much security, but I guess they have to work out all the bugs before selling, but why would someone leak it? wouldnt the competetors be all over it? well hey :boxed:

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »
That looks just like the one that was leaked and said to be a Chinese knock-off just before the Powell leak...

I always wondered why people thought it was odd to see the screws at the bottom on the Powell version, especially since both the 3G and 3GS have visible screws on either side of the dock connector...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:55:26 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal