Author Topic: Rapid Fire and LED Swap Troubles.  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Tyler89--

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Rapid Fire and LED Swap Troubles.
« on: May 31, 2010, 06:21:14 AM »
I posted this before, but I think under the wrong subject, so here it is again.

Recently I modified my 360 controller with TopFire, What a nice program that is! Subsequent to that I tried to swap my ROL LED's. There has been a number of issues stemming from swapping the lights. When I turn on the controller, it seems to sync properly, but whe I turn on TopFire, there are problems. Sometimes it appears to work properly, but eventually the 3 and 4 player lights go dim and stop working altogether. After, when I press the tactile buttons the coresponding player light lights, then when I let go, the player light go off. In addition the 3rd player light (now red) stays on dimmly, and constantly.

Unfortunately I don't have an eletronics background, so I'm not sure what my next step should Be, Can anyone hel me out?

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
Re: Rapid Fire and LED Swap Troubles.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:59:43 AM »
have you tried chaging the batts? make sure nothing is bridged.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Tyler89--

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 06:11:35 PM »
Tried both, no improvment.

The replacement LED's were purchased from Unique-led's.com. The Amber went to player one, player 2 I left alone (so it's stock), player three is now red and player 4 is blue. Looks great when the controller is powered on, but when I try to use the Topfire things get screwy. I've read that the voltages are different for each color, do I need to install something else to compensate for the voltage difference?

Thanks,

Tyler

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 06:31:07 PM »
what bored is it? i run blue leds on my cg and when i hit the trigger it dims so that might b the reason why. the rapid fires have to run on a certain voltage

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Tyler89--

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:51:44 PM »
No, it's a matrix board.

From the PIC I have a 100 OHM and a 1N4148 Diode then connected to the LED. This worked great before I swapped the LED"s! It must have something to do with the interaction of the LED's with the RF mod, because the other two LED's (1 &2) are unaffected.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 08:44:16 PM »
Take the diode off and just use the 100ohm.   That is how i have mine setup and i have red and blue leds in my controller.

Offline Tyler89--

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
Ya know I did try that too, the LED's stay on, dimmly, but constantly. Do you have Topfire RF as well?

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »
yeah i use topfire, and my leds are slightly dim when the rapid fire is turned off but it does not bother me.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »
the leds will always stay dimly lit on a matrix pad... im not sure why i think it has something to do with the way the the matrix ROL has a common + line.
 meaning when the controller turns the led on, its just grounding it... and when we attach rf indication to the led its on the ground side of it....

i think the pic allows the led to be grounded a small amount even when its not meant to be turn on....

i've had the same thing happen on nearly every matrix controller ive modded..... and i've used most of the opensource codes on them also... its just something that happens with matrix pads.....

i try to avoid using them on my modded controllers now... just stick with cg1's if you can there nice to mod.....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal