Author Topic: Voltage Hunting Pirates Down  (Read 1388 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Voltage Hunting Pirates Down
« on: May 28, 2010, 09:17:19 PM »
You hear it all the time “It’s only one *insert media* it isn’t a big deal” this always makes me want to commit assault. It irritates me when somebody, anybody justifies piracy. It seems that a handful of multi-billion dollar companies feel the same way.

Producers of “The Hurt Locker” winner of the Oscar-film award have followed through on a promise they made to pursue violators of copyright infringement with a law-suit. Voltage Pictures, an independent production company filed copyright complaints on Monday against five thousand John and Jane Does in Federal court in Washington D.C. Court records show that part of the companied to-do list is hunt down the identities of every pirate through their internet service providers.

Part of Voltage’s statement to the court was Unless the court stops people that pirate “The Hurt Locker” then Voltage will suffer “great and irreparable injury that cannot fully be compensated or measured in money.”

The company has asked the court to order anybody who downloaded their movie illegally to destroy all copies they produced regardless of media.

A lot of companies demand ‘x’ amount of money when it comes to piracy. Voltage’s producers didn’t ask for a specific figure but want all parties found to have pirated the movie to pay statutory and actual fees and cover the costs that went into filling the law-suit.

All of this sounds fine and dandy and I personally recommend anybody that did pirate the movie, to delete it sooner rather than later. Now reflecting on the fees they expect to be paid, I could understand that besides the fact that they probably have twenty lawyers and each of them cost like 5,000$ an hour.

-TwisT

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
Re: Voltage Hunting Pirates Down
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »
Halfway decent movie was halfway decent. (but not worth 5 grand an hour.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal