Poll

>.<

car radio
0 (0%)
car amp
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Car Radio, Car Amp Repair  (Read 2624 times)

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
Car Radio, Car Amp Repair
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »
ok first question:
My friend had a Sony explode stereo in her car, and it quit working, so i got her a Pioneer Deh-P6500, since she had a aftermarket radio, can i still use the same wiring harness that the Sony radio used since there both aftermarket radio's, or would i have to go buy another one?
ok The Second Question:
Does anyone here know how to repair car amps( i know these aint name brand amps, but hey there better than nothing)
one is a Digital amp,(something like that),the led turn on then off, but it says if it turns on red(witch it does), its in protected mode.
The other one is a Rockwood, it use to turn on, but it would dim when the music hit, and know the amp dosent turn on,
well thanks for any for any help
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline CRooKeD aNTLeR

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • NUT UP OR SHUT UP
Re: Car Radio, Car Amp Repair
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »
1st Question: Yes the wiring harness should fit due to the fact that MOST of the aftermarket brands have the same pin design in the back.
2nd Question: The reason the Amp dimmed when the subs hit is becaude the subs were pulling too much power. i suggest a 1.0 farad capacitor. It acts as a second battery and it will prevent the dimming. And the fact that it wont turn on is that the amp was most likeley pushing too much power and it was over-worked. the amp is most likeley burned out.. There is many things that can be a factor as to why it wont work... I suggest buying a new amp.
I work at a Car audio store nammed Audio 1 and we sell amps from 200.00 to upwards of 1000.00
for cheaper solutions. i suggest onlinecarstereo.com this is where i buy most of the Audio for my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. im runnin 2 soundstorm CR125DM (subs) pushin 1600 watt RMS with a SoundStorm EV2500M (amp) with a SoundStorm CAP350B (3.5 Farad Capacitor)
My system pounds..

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 12:15:50 PM »
Thanks man, i was thinking no one was gonna help. :tup:
what should i do with it, just keep it in my room or what?
and kool il go to that website then thanks.
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline CRooKeD aNTLeR

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • NUT UP OR SHUT UP
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 05:33:49 PM »
if i were you, i'd throw it out. and buy a new amp. i just got done wiring my jeep up with 0 gauge wire and ooooh it bumps so hard. i had to replace my rear windows with plexiglass so i wouldnt bust them out... but thats just MY OPINION

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal