Author Topic: OMG! WHY?!?!  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Vanz__

• nou
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
OMG! WHY?!?!
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
This is REALLY ticking me off...I finished my Metallic Blue PSP 1000 almost two weeks ago now, but for some unknown reason, I can't get the damned thing to boot! The HOLD switch LEDs work, and when it's charging; the two (I bridged both the resistors together) POWER/Charge LEDs light up. However, my POWER/Charge LEDs DON'T light up when I switch it on with just the battery. Anyway, I removed the OEM TA-086 Motherboard, and I installed a BRAND NEW (supposedly) TA-086 Motherboard from Hong Kong that came in the mail today...THE THING STILL GIVES ME THE SAME CRAP!!! When I got the motherboard, there was one small light-brown resistor/chip that was loose, and it fell off. This TINY thing was located just a little below the center of the motherboard. I assumed nothing was major about it; and so I just proceeded to quickly add USB charge and Memory Stick/WiFi LED swaps. All went well, until I plugged everything in and whatnot. The WiFi LED lights up, and so do my HOLD LEDs, and POWER/Charge LEDs. The Memory Stick LED wont light up though, because the PSP wont turn on. I get no sound, screen, nothing. I've bridged the POWER Fuse on the Hong Kong TA-086; and I bridged the POWER and Backlight Fuses on the original OEM TA-086. Am I bridging them incorrectly some how? I've put ridiculous amounts of solder over these fuses just to insure that they're bridged; and still, nothing works. Someone PLEASE help me; I've done everything I can think of.

Oh, and don't put TL;DR in your post; please read this novel and help a DESPERATE modder out. I've spent $70 on the new motherboard alone... Thanks,  -Chris

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: OMG! WHY?!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »
Oh, and don't put TL;DR in your post

4Chan much? We don't do that here.

Offline Vanz__

• nou
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »
Ok, well that's good.

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:44:11 PM »
Maybe where the 'thing' fell off there's no longer a bridge sending power through the board, did you find it after it fell off? Perhaps it could be soldered back on.

Offline Vanz__

• nou
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 07:49:24 PM »
GREAT NEWS! I FIXED IT!!!

Protip: NEVER bridge both the resistors powering the POWER/Charge LEDs; don't use ONE drop of solder, it somehow confuses the PSP...Basically, use TWO drops of solder; one for each resistor.

Post Merge: July 24, 2010, 08:01:39 PM
Ugh...I still have to re-open it and re-route all my wires it seems...My Memory Stick and WiFi LEDs work fine, and they're bright. USB charge works fine too. It's just that the trigger LEDs and POWER/Charge LEDs get dim over the course of having the PSP on...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:01:39 PM by Vanz__ »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:34:44 AM »
They probably get dim because the battery drains as you use it. As for bridging both the power/charge LEDs with one joint.. It confuses the PSP because you're basically just connected them together, which will probably cause some kinda side effect depending on how the PSP works.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal