Author Topic: Cigar humidor  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Cigar humidor
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »
hey guys thought you might find this as cool as I did. This is my 4th humidor.

The humidity on the front is not accurate
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:00:53 PM by Tec_ »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Re: Cigar humidor
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »
Nice humidor. CAO makes good cigars. Padron, La Flor, and A. Fuente are my personal favorites though. Especially the Padron Anniversarios...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »
we would get a long well.

la flor dominicana and Padron are my favorites but seriously the CAO visions are fantastic. i was in Miami for work a year ago and i try ed but could not get the time off to go tour the Padron head office

haven't had any arturo fuente, but i also do enjoy romeo y julieta and hoyo de monterrey both the Cuban and non Cuban

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:33:12 AM »
I don't even know what it is, but I still think its cool.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:29:33 AM »
@Luke: a humidor is basically a cedar lined box with a humidifier of some sort and a guage that displays the humidity level inside the box. It's purpose is to store cigars at the proper humidity level so that the cigars will keep in good condition, age properly and keep the intended smoking characteristics... A must have for anyone who smokes cigars regularly or buys in bundles...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »
nice cao. ive always wanted to try one.
any suggestions on some good brands (been wanting to try a good cigar)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 10:57:27 PM »
nice cao. ive always wanted to try one.
any suggestions on some good brands (been wanting to try a good cigar)

the best advice i can give you is to find a NICE local shop and enplane to them what your looking for. tell them what you've smoked before or that you never have. tell them your price range weather you think you would like a lighter or richer cigar. they will be more than willing to help you.

and i stress a NICE shop do not go to the tobacco shop that sells all the glass pipes and bongs. even tho they have cigars the chance that they have a good selection or will be knowledgeable enough to help you will be quite slim.

juts my opinion

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:44 AM »
Excellent advice. I would also recommend reading up on the different wrappers and fillers and what characteristics they impart on the smoke. This will also help you get an idea for what you might like and make things a little less confusing when discussing new cigars at a shop. Another way to find what wrapper/filler combinations you like is to buy a few different combinations in smaller lengths and gauges (width). That way you don't spend too much money finding what flavors you like and you won't get stuck with a long fat cigar that you find you're not fond of a few puffs in (and you won't feel bad putting it down and not finishing if you don't like it. Once you find combinations you like you can then find a good length/gauge combination you like that brings out the flavors the best for you (different sizes can change the flavors as well as the smoking characteristics). Getting into cigars can be a long, yet fulfilling, arduous love affair of trial and error...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal