Author Topic: Xbox Live  (Read 1019 times)

Offline PAIN IS AWESOME

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox Live
« on: January 28, 2011, 07:55:24 PM »
Ok i was playing Blacks Ops right these other guys were using lag switches and that i kept killing them so some how they logged me off xbox live, what im asking is how they did it and how to prevent it.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Xbox Live
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »
They used a DDoS attack against you. Pisses me off when it happens to me. You can find those kids having close to no friends in real life and they live in their parents' basement. DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service attack

I'm not saying how they did it because it is against the law to do such a thing.

They're cheaters go on the Xbox Live forums and mention you just got hit by a DDoS attack by 'whoever...' if there is enough proof they might get arrested by law enforcement in their area.

You can help prevent it from happening by trying this:
1. Set your router/modem's NAT to moderate
2. Deny any incoming spoofed packets through your TCP port

http://learn-networking.com/network-security/how-to-prevent-denial-of-service-attacks
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:20:17 PM by FOOKz »

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
Yes, Fooks is right. You got attacked by the infamous Ddos which=gay. Those people deserve to be shot. I got a nice little Ddos attack a few months back and my entire internet was down for about 5 hours.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:32:01 PM »
Yes, Fooks is right. You got attacked by the infamous Ddos which=gay. Those people deserve to be shot. I got a nice little Ddos attack a few months back and my entire internet was down for about 5 hours.

5 hours? LOL just reset your modem and you're back up in 2 minutes.
I learned that real quick because i didn't want my new modem to suffer damage like my old one.... don't even ask.

edit~
I remember sometimes I would be playing Halo 3 some ass hat saw my gamer tag and immediately hit me offline before the game because they knew i was better; so they had to cheat to rank up... It happened as often as every other game. I played tons of halo about 3-4 years ago and I played against pretty much the same 500 people (but on different accounts)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:35:23 PM by FOOKz »

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline PAIN IS AWESOME

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:27:38 AM »
Thanks guys that really helped

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal