Author Topic: Witty And Short Title About WoW Gamers And Movement  (Read 1312 times)

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
Witty And Short Title About WoW Gamers And Movement
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:30:33 AM »
Following on from my article recently and also what I said in the AcidCast there has been a hack on the microsoft kinect, that allows users to play Blizzards MMORPG epic World Of Warcraft with their bodies.

This hack comes from students at the University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies who have created software that allows users to control their characters in-game, casting spells and wielding weapons with your body.

It is called the “Flexible Action and Articulated Skeleton Toolkit" (FAAST) and it uses fully body motion control, how long until someone smashes their screen using a plastic lightsaber to kill an Orc?

The system is has a bad responsiveness at the moment but it is still in development so that is understandable

With so many new hacks being developed for the Kinect on the PC the there is no limit for how we could use it. It is only a matter of time before somebody starts to make a Minority Report style system and the only people that use keyboards are programmers and coders.

-Fren
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:48:39 AM by frenulem »

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: Witty And Short Title About WoW Gamers And Movement
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »
sweet not meaning to sound harsh but this could realy help people in wheelchairs who strugle with controllers etc quad isnt it ?

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 10:50:41 AM »
yeah, its a good subject to follow because new things are coming out daily pretty much

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
Nice work on the article. I really want to see this technology developed, just imagine what games are going to be like whenever the motions that are used to control the games become more complicated.

-TwisT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal