Author Topic: Need help with PSP jailbreaking.  (Read 6442 times)

Offline hoboman965

• www.youtube.com/hoboman965
  • Registered BST
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!
Need help with PSP jailbreaking.
« on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:32 AM »
So im trying to jailbreak my PSP 2000 slim, and i am going to use the method were you download a program to a usb, then put the usb in your psp and download it onto there, or something like that. what i need is a link to some program that can do it thats actually current, virus free, and free (no paying $). cuz i all i can find are ones that are kinda old and cost money.  :help:

thank you if you reply.

Offline gunner7553

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • will void warranty
Re: Need help with PSP jailbreaking.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:46:05 AM »
To hack you psp go to pspslimhacks.com, jailbreaking and hacking are two diffrent methods.
and hacking a psp2000 is as easy as it gets, btw you will want to invest in a Pandora battery and magic memory stick for your psp.

Offline hoboman965

• Registered BST
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »
whats the difference?
i heard that you dont need a pandora or memory stick. my firend did it without those. all he did was download a program on to a usb stick, then put in his psp 2000 slim, and downloaded it onto his psp, and he jailbroke it (but he moved so i cant ask him how he did it exactly). and if you google it, youll see that its possible.

Offline gunner7553

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • will void warranty
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
jailbreaking is normally done from a PC, where hacking is done on the system.
and a i say get a Pandora battery just in case you brick your system.

techninjadude

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
Not to be Rude Mate, WTF, your post, is 100% Bull SH**, you hack the psp by using a Pandora battery which is called flashing not jail breaking or you can use a exploit.
Go to pspslimhacks or psphacks for help.

Offline gunner7553

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • will void warranty
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »
Not to be Rude Mate, WTF, your post, is 100% Bull SH**, you hack the psp by using a Pandora battery which is called flashing not jail breaking or you can use a exploit.
Go to pspslimhacks or psphacks for help.

umm no what he is saying is he is going to use a diffrent way to hack his system, like an exploit that doesn't need a Pandora battery. but as a precaution get a Pandora battery and a magic memory stick (because the battery wont to jack with out it), because any time you hack there is a chance of bricking your system when writing to the flash, the battery would then be used to unblock the psp.

techninjadude

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
I dnt knw if ur being sarcastic but what u sed is BULLCRAP TO

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »
guys stop beings jerks. he's obviously new to this. give him a break.

ok, you cant "jailbreak" a psp. thats a term for ipods. you need to give it Custom Firmware (CFW). there are 2 methods of putting CFW on a psp. one is with the pandora and Magic memory stick. the other you dont need them and you plug your mini usb connector from your psp to the computer... and the computer installs the CFW.... here is the link. i found this on youtube and i have tried it and it works.

How to hack your PSP WITHOUT A PANDORA BATTERY (HD) Easiest tutorial on youtube!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:49:07 PM by K.A.O. »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 12:47:19 PM »
So im trying to jailbreak my PSP 2000 slim, and i am going to use the method were you download a program to a usb, then put the usb in your psp and download it onto there, or something like that. what i need is a link to some program that can do it thats actually current, virus free, and free (no paying $). cuz i all i can find are ones that are kinda old and cost money.  :help:

thank you if you reply.
Please PM me if you need help. The first thing that you need to do is find out what motherboard version you have. If it is too high, you will not be able to install custom firmware. Custom firmware (which is called CFW by the way...CTF is a cusom theme... not firmware...) is a modified version of sony's original fimware that allows you to run unsigned code, rip isos, and stuff like that. Even if your motherboard version is too high, there are now ways to "enable" homebrew on all sony psp versions, however it is not permanent, and when you reset, you have to enable it again. And jailbreak is a term used on Apple products.... but when you think about it jailbreaking a device and installing custom firmware they are pretty much the same thing. I know that redsn0w modifies your firmware... so i guess that would be installing custom firmware on you iOS device. But generally people stick to calling it "installing CFW" on the PSP, and "jailbreaking" on apple devices.
Let me know if you need anymore help!!!

-VaL

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 12:48:35 PM »
lol sorry i ment to say CFW not CTF sorry ill change it

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
haha its all good happens too me sometimes too, also i smell a troll

techninjadude

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
Please PM me if you need help. The first thing that you need to do is find out what motherboard version you have. If it is too high, you will not be able to install custom firmware. Custom firmware (which is called CFW by the way...CTF is a cusom theme... not firmware...) is a modified version of sony's original fimware that allows you to run unsigned code, rip isos, and stuff like that. Even if your motherboard version is too high, there are now ways to "enable" homebrew on all sony psp versions, however it is not permanent, and when you reset, you have to enable it again. And jailbreak is a term used on Apple products.... but when you think about it jailbreaking a device and installing custom firmware they are pretty much the same thing. I know that redsn0w modifies your firmware... so i guess that would be installing custom firmware on you iOS device. But generally people stick to calling it "installing CFW" on the PSP, and "jailbreaking" on apple devices.
Let me know if you need anymore help!!!

-VaL

That my friend is called Hen, all you do is download images to the picture folder, that are not really images but has the extension of one, the images will jam the system and put Custom  firmware in the psp but technically in the ram. But this is not permanent and once you restart the system it wont be there so you have to glitch it again.

Please give us more detail. Like what firm wire and what psp model it is.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »
That my friend is called Hen, all you do is download images to the picture folder, that are not really images but has the extension of one, the images will jam the system and put Custom  firmware in the psp but technically in the ram. But this is not permanent and once you restart the system it wont be there so you have to glitch it again.

Please give us more detail. Like what firm wire and what psp model it is.
What was the point in quoting me???

And I'm WELL aware what HEN is.....

techninjadude

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 07:57:29 AM »
Srry I wasnt talking to you I was using what you said to like complete the paragraph that you wrote. So they guy could read. I knw ur a Pr0

Offline hoboman965

• Registered BST
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:06 AM »
Yeah, soory. i am really new to this stuff and am still learning. i need to learn the terms and stuff too. but yeah thats basically what i was trying to say abou the usb thing.

@techninjadude idk what firm wire/ware it is. anyway to find out? all i know is its a slim psp 2000.
And iv heard of Hen but never got into it. im assuming its free? yeah, probably. so im guessing the way to get that on is the same way that K.A.O. said?

@K.A.O. yeah, thanks for being helpful, not not hating on me being new. 

@nEoVaLoR How do i find out what kind of motherboard it is? (sorry for not knowing the correct terms.)

Oh, and if i do it the way K.A.O. said, will it always go away when i turn my psp off/reset it? any way to do it so it will always stay?
(fingers hurt from typing... :faint:)

techninjadude

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 10:20:04 AM »
1.Take of the battery and there is a label which tells you what type of psp it is.
2.go to system settings then go system information.
The top row is the psp version, tell me that and your psp model, and I will tell you how to hack it.

Offline hoboman965

• Registered BST
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
k i will. hold on let me check.

Offline hoboman965

• Registered BST
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 08:02:09 AM »
K. this all the info i got.
PSP 2000
System software version 6.37
and i have the mac address but i dont think you need it.

techninjadude

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
You have the latest Firmware which is a problem, because you cant run hen which was compatible on the previous update and bellow. There is a hack called Hbl Loader, it allows you to do run hombrew apps like emulators, and stuff but I dont think you will be able to play backups. Thats the only thing you can do, all you need to do is to download Patapon 2 Demo, and download this save file which you put on the memorystick, then you run patapon and open the save file, AND SPEAK to this person next to you and, dun dun dunnnnnn. Your psp is hacked and a menu should come up but this isnt permanent, so you have to run it again if you quit.

Offline hoboman965

• Registered BST
  • ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
is there a way to downgrade the firmware? like make it an older version so that i can download hen?

techninjadude

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
No. Not at the moment, but listen your still in luck ( Maybe ).

You could hack it the old school method which requirs buying a specail battery, called Pandora battery and a magic memorystick, Depending on the version of your psp motherboard, you will be able to hack it permanently.
But you have a slim, and the new models 3000 and pspgo, wont work but on psp 2000 most of them work.
It might cost a little bit but its worth it.
This is the best hacking method, better that Hen, as that is not permanent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal