Author Topic: Strange RoL issue  (Read 951 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
Strange RoL issue
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:58:11 PM »
So, you know how the ring of lights rotate when u flip from vertical standing to horizontal? well something is wrong with mines. 

for example: lets say you have player 1 on (laying flat, it is the top left quadrant.) and when standing vertically, the top left should be on.  well for me when it is standing, it is the top right ( where the 2p is suppose to be lit, or the 1p when laying flat).  sometimes when i open the drive, it moves to the correct position when vertical, but switches back later on when its on.  i have tried 2 different working daughter boards and still no luck. 

any ideas?

thanks
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Re: Strange RoL issue
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
Its not the RF board, its the tilt sensor inside the xbox. Just smack the xbox on the side a couple times and see if it changes.

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »
where is this little sensor located and what does it look like?

thanks for a quick reply!!!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
If you take it apart, its on the motherboard under the disc drive. If you shake your xbox, you should hear it rattle a little bit.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:16:42 PM »
 its a black rectangle component that has 4 legs sticking out of it

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
I believe you can find it underneath the DVD drive. it'll look like it shoulda been standing up but someone bent it to fit it under the dvd drive...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:12:10 AM »
I think if thats the only thing goin on with your RoL then your doing ok haha.  one of our 360's does that on occasion but generally fixes with any tap, sometimes not until its reset but either way nothing serious with the box, sometimes sensors just dont zero correctly.

Xbox 360 gamertag: EMERGENCY DODO
PS3 gamertag: Emergency_Dodo

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »
so everything checks out to be fine (condition wise) for the SW2G2 piece.  i shook it, tapped it and all that and it still occurs.  this is not like once in awhile, it is more like it is always in horizontal. it might switch to vertical, but would soon switch back in a few seconds.  any ideas? or can i buy a replacement? ball is not stuck, i can hear it rattle.  thanks
MY CONSOLE LIST:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal