Author Topic: Mod Idea... (HELP PLEASE!)  (Read 1372 times)

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Mod Idea... (HELP PLEASE!)
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »
I don't mean to sound like an immature child.  However privacy is important here, so I don't give my idea away for something that i'd like to do for the next mod-off. (Sorry I didn't enter the competition...)

I need your guys' help.  I haven't been able to figure it out, but i am rather new in the subject.

I usually do small work projects, that take 20 hours tops to finish.  But this time, I'd like to blow it out of the water, and show you guys what I am capable of... However I want to start planning this now, and even practice some.  Last mod-off, the bane of many was time organization, they knew what they wanted to do, but couldn't finish it all in time.

I want to create my own housing.  Not a bunch of molding or anything.......  But for example, Imagine I disassembled a LCD monitor, and took the panel out...  And I wanted to create some new housing to put it in. What would I do it with, and what would I achieve it with?

I was thinking that it would be just like a rectangular box, and that I could use a bunch of panels to assemble it, just like a wood box or something... I can't really explain this, but you get the idea.

For this mod, I would basically need two of these.  I was thinking of doing the panel thing, and making a box... but if it was aluminum, how would I be able to cut it accurately for ports?

I need a way to make my own housing, mount circuit boards in it, mount an lcd, and connect them with hinges... The housing needs to be able to be cut accurately for ports, logos, and whatever else i'd like to throw in.

I know you guys got some ideas on how I could achieve this!!!! The main things I need to know are what material, what I would cut it with, and how I could connect them with a hinge.  This is a serious project idea, and I have been saving up a while to do it.  It's now time. AND IT WILL GET DONE. ;D

Offline wetfusion

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +6/-5
Re: Mod Idea... (HELP PLEASE!)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
remember what we talk about unimat on FB?

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
remember what we talk about unimat on FB?

Yeah I do, its a great tool, just expensive

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
like a 360 laptop? Alot of people use thick acrylic plastic, some brushed aluminum would look pretty sweet though, you could get the parts cnc cut if your accurate with your measurements and draw it up in cad software.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
like a 360 laptop? Alot of people use thick acrylic plastic, some brushed aluminum would look pretty sweet though, you could get the parts cnc cut if your accurate with your measurements and draw it up in cad software.

yeah, just like that!!! thanks for the info dude :D thanks a ton!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal