Author Topic: jasper help  (Read 3625 times)

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
jasper help
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
I was doing the Ethernet activity light mod. I didn't drip solder or anything anywhere. Now my rol, the center blinks like ejecting .. the drive doesn't work..first it was giving me 0031 error now it just blinks :/ any suggestions. idk where i messed up =/. the dvd drive isnt powering on at all. but the rol blinks as if it is ejecting.

pics.

video
[spoiler]
http://youtu.be/L_y1tO5dN8w

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:33:50 PM by snowcolt17 »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Re: jasper help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
I would start by removing all the wires....What exactly is the point of this mod anyways? Just to see a blinking light?

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »
i desoldered all the wires i soldered. and used desoldering braid to clean up. idk what the problem is. yea. i was going to do the rol mod too to go with it

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:34 PM »
When you try to turn it on does it turn off after like a second? If so then you most likely have a short somewhere. TRIPLE check everything on the board because the smallest drop of solder could have dripped on it. And if its xclamped, try loosening your screws a little.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:50:12 PM by crazy-modder »

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »
alright. its xclamped. but the mobo is out of the metal case. i will check the whole bottom board. i didnt burn any of the traces. at first it diod the 3 lights and e13. i tried 3 different sata cables. and then it powered up. comes on fione. just the dvd drive.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
So it comes on fine but its just the dvd drive thats having problems?

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
unfortunately yes =/. it doesnt overheat. gets online. just the drive. you think when i took the connector off that it might have messed it up ? =/ i was gentle   

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »
well something is probably wrong with either the cable that connects to the disc drive or the connector piece on the board may be messed up. So even with the drive plugged in the middle light still blinks?

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
no matter what the middle light blinks. its either the inside plug in my dvd drive or the connector on my mobo. i have a feeling its the one on my mobo.. i looked at it. on the bottom. at the top. and along the sides i dont see anything.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
You might of blown a fuse or something. If both connectors look good on the drive and the board then its something else. Follow the traces from the connector on the board and see if you come across any components that might look burnt.

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »
alright thanks for all the advice. its always helpful for someone input :). here is a video of what its doing now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ZLKd0rmk8

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »
lol wow wtf....try a different sata cable?

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
tried 3 other ones. idk i guess its time to bribe my brother to buying me a new one xD. i checked the traces. idk where all they go. but i dont see none burnt... except 1 and 2 where i soldered at. could that be the problem??

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »
Just double check and make sure there not shorting eachother

Offline DARk_ANGEL

• Acidmods Rocks!!!
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »
your probably touching a neg and ground. the copper is ground so watch that

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 01:43:32 PM »
DUDE! I cant believe that your starting this up out of the case on the carpet. one bad static charge from the  carpet and the xbox will be no good at all. Or if you crawling around on the carpet you could cause a static charge and you could short it out. check all the pins in the usb and other ports to make sure they aren't touching , I have seen this problem before. due to pins touching in the usb ports or memory ports

Also check your solder points where you soldered and make sure they arent touching, something shorted when you either soldered it , not a clear enough pic for me to tell. but something is shorting against something , for it to  do that when you take off the sata cable and it starts fine . Double check your work!

Try putting it back in the case, then the mobo will be grounded to the case and the dvd drive case will be grounded to the case also. might make difference.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:44:42 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »
Alright I will check when I get home in 2 hours. :)

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »
I figured out my problem... my drive is dead.. it's a liteon. I hot 3 Hitachi drives I might try to spoof.one for now. :/

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »
stupid lite-on drive :(. anyways. found this to be interesting. seems as if its the same problem i have. may give it a shot. i was just checking the data sata connection and i can wiggle it with my fingers.. i will desolder and resolder that back on first. then if that dont work figure out how to get that epoxy off  :angry:

Originally Posted by Dave_L
Firstly, I am a total newbie to Xbox 360's (so I apologise if I have put this in the wrong thread, and if I make dumb statements)

My problem is my xbox 360 DVD drive all of a sudden just stopped working and reports an E64 Error (0100). I have not tried to flash the drive or modify it in any way, and this is what is so strange. This is the information I have gathered so far;

Xbox 360 HDMI

DVD Drive is Liteon DG16D2S
Hardware Version A0A1
Firmware Version 74850C

When I switch the xbox on the centre green LED just flashes, and the DVD drive does nothing (no motor spin up, no laser movement etc) also the drive will not eject (totally dead) and the xbox eventually reports the E64 error. I tried a new DG16D2S drive (same hardware & firmware) in the xbox and it powers up fine and reports no errors, but obvioulsy I can't play games as I need the key off the original drive.

I have opened the DVD drive and there are no tracks burnt, and I have taken measurements off both boards for comparison. The DVD drive has 12V, 5V, 3V and 1.8V on the board, and the only difference I can seem to find is that Pin 3 (open / close) on the JD1 DVD power connector is constantly high (3V). I have traced this back to the MT1319L chip and the o/p is high. So I am assuming that the DVD drive 'thinks' the eject button is somehow 'stuck'.

All I want to do is retrieve the Key, and flash it to a new drive to play games. I am not interested in playing backup games at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get round this please?

Thanks in advance.
Update..........!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So I have managed to fix the drive. I gingerly removed the resin from around the MT1319L chip and re flowed the solder on the pins (1 to 10). I also noticed that a couple of the thru pads on the Sata header socket on the DVD PCB had come away from the PCB (they were still attached to the tracks, but they were lifting the tracks) so i re soldered these. Tested the board again, and hey presto the open / close line on the JD1 DVD drive connector was not held high any more. So I plugged the drive back into my xbox it worked and plays games. So as a precaution I hooked the drive up to Jungleflasher and retrieved the DVD key just in case the drive dies in the future.

I must say that the quality of the Lite on DG162DS DVD PCB drive board is pretty poor, and I was not surprised when this board started doing weird things.

Oh well at least I got the DVD key...................!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks for all of your help

Dave

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »
Nice find, could be usefull to many

Rodent consoles mods

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »
ive read alot of post where people have the same problems. could probably fix alot of them. :)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
the good thing is you got the dvd key off it and hopefully you can get if fixed now even if you spoof another drive for it
 good job let us know if you get if fixed

Rodent consoles mods

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »
i wish i extracted the key. =/. i desoldering it and resoldered it. the solder joints were dull colored now they are pretty and shiny. but its still loose?  :dntknw: and when i hook it up it still shows its ejecting. i am going to  try and take that stupid epoxy off  :angry: and see if there is any bad solder joints around the  MT1319L chip.. =/ 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal