Author Topic: broken 360.what to practice on it?  (Read 727 times)

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
broken 360.what to practice on it?
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:37:29 AM »
ok i have two xbox 360's im working on.but the one will not work no matter what i do.i bought new parts and what i could but it still doesnt work.so i'm going to keep it to practice my modding on.what mods do you think i should work with and what not?

p.s-i was going to blow it up with a firecracker and recored it but my friends talked me into saving it to practice my modding.
so please give me what mods and tips you guys can from LEDs to any mod to the motherboard.the case or shell was trash so i threw it out.and if you can maybe a link to a video or a picture of how it is done or even try to explain it the best you can.

Offline kronosslayer

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: broken 360.what to practice on it?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:06:44 PM »
I don't know if practicing your "modding" would be the right way to say it.  I think engaging yourself in the intermediate techniques of electrical engineering would better fit.

/on topic

First off i would imagine you know what a J-tag xbox 360 is right?
Well that would be what you want to do with them if they have exploitable kernels.
Thus, you could learn to program homebrew and accomplish some sweet things with some determination.

But see, with LEDs, it's as simple as - and +. So what you may want to practice is the actual art of soldering itself, or the best possible placements for lighting you xbox up. Then maybe even develop your own prototype modchip?  :tup:

What i would for sure do with the broken one, is practice reflowing the board to have more experience with future xboxs, as this is a very good way to fix RRoD. After that i would harvest as many components i can, and with a few chemical baths, extract the gold from traces and pads and such.

Your possiblities are only limited to your creativity!!

Good Luck, and have fun :#1:

I'm a java developer, Graphic Designer, and an a**hole.

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
if it doesnt work.. there really isnt much you can do. unless it does come on then you can do alot. maybe some case mods. savage some parts off it.. case mods?

Offline wolf212851

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »
i heard about j-tags but i never got to look it up or try one.
im a beginner at this so you know to.
i do got a working xbox but i got two broken xbox 360s.
so im trying to work with it so i can get better.
such as cooling mods,LEDs and so on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal