Author Topic: My modified PSP 1000. (UPDATED with MORE mods!)  (Read 5584 times)

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
My modified PSP 1000. (UPDATED with MORE mods!)
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:07:49 AM »
Its nothing special, just custom firmware, and some green LEDS.
I dremeled out the PSP logo on the back, removed the UMD drive (i never use it) and put a modified backlight from a cordless phone behind it. I did a pretty bad job on dremeling out the psp logo but it still looks pretty cool even though i messed up.
I also swapped out the Wifi LED and rebuilt the analog nub (it was completely torn out on the inside) with parts from the bricked 3000 i bought. (is there still no way to unbrick a PSP3000?)
the triggers probably dont light up as much as other led modded ones because i didnt want to drill any holes in anything that small so i put the LEDs in the cavity by the triggers on the back part on the shell.

UPDATE 11/08/2011
speaker mod is installed now too, see my last post for more info.
video online!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Qe3Mmkt10
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:08:51 AM by zack247 »
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Re: My modified PSP 1000.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:13:52 AM »
wow that looks pretty cool! great job!!!

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:24:49 AM »
nice look mate with the echy cutting and green leds its looks great nice pick on it
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 05:09:12 AM »
nice look mate with the echy cutting and green leds its looks great nice pick on it

I agree, it looks awsome the way it is, gives it charactor Nice job , and you kept it very simple and not over did it,

Keep up the good work :tup:

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »
i like it i think it looks great!! i dont think i can go that simple but it freaking looks hot!! i think its perfect  :cool:

Offline cobi_vw

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • PSP-Direct Team
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 04:24:34 AM »
nice job!! once again...thank you Dremel!

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
wow, thanks for all the nice comments guys!
ive been thinking about doing something similar with a ds lite and the ds logo, does anyone agree?

also, when i was finding a voltage tap, i found a 9v one, just in case anyone wanted to know for their mods or something, i could upload a picture showing where it is. (unless you guys already know where it is)

thanks again though!
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »
i think that looks badass!

But would make my jaw drop if someone did an image on the back like that. Like a snow flake or something.

I think i might try something like that on my psp go.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:58:35 PM by CreativeMindMedias »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
hey guys guess what?
the mods in the first post were not the last! :laughing:
i performed one final mod on this PSP, the only one i had space left for.
the all mighty speaker mod!
i messed up yet again but i dont blame my shaky hands this time, the drill bit i was using with the dremel turned out to be bent so i couldnt go for the exact look i was going for but it still looks nice.
theres a video uploading on youtube, im gonna link you guys to it once its done.
and yes, believe it or not, the speakers i used were DS LITE speakers, combined with the psp's shell design its practically a whole sub box now that i have it sealed up.
for effect i put in some black metal honeycomb mesh from a old laptop in front of the speakers.

pic 1 shows a close up of one of the speakers, and yes i did nip the ring a bit :cry2:
pic 2 shows a overall of the area
pic 3 shows the same as pic 2 but different-ish lighting
pic 4 shows my erm... beautiful (?) handiwork, underthe tape in the middle-ish part is for my LED triggers, but honestly i can remember if its soldered right there or not, but i think it is. then you can see the backlight piece glued in, modified backlight board included. then you cn see the speakers in there, yes they are wired correctly its just hard to see.

my original design plan was to have a slit that went with the contour of the ring but the drill bit wouldnt let that work out.
i am also proud to say that this is a 100% green mod, everything used in it was recycled, absolutely nothing (except solder + glue) was bought for this mod, it cost me $0 :tup:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:35:23 AM by zack247 »

Offline COREGAMER

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • I <3 LEDs
Re: My modified PSP 1000. (UPDATED with MORE mods!)
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:17 AM »
good job m8
Are the leds on the triggers bright enough because I whenever I used green leds they were too dim
"A Gamer is only as good as his hardware"

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 12:37:54 AM »
theyre from a really old cellphone backlight, they shine pretty bright too, they arent really noticable during the day but you can still see that the triggers are green, same with the psp logo which happens to use the same style of backlight LEDs.

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »
on the triggers, you can scrape the white off the bit where the led. oh i can't explain properly. Ok so u've got  the R trigger right, the top is smooth, bottom is flat and on the left is a slanty bit with white paint on it. you can scape off that paint and your triggers will shine though better. hope this helps

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »
well this is how i did my mod, here you can see the LEDs i had, theyre noticably bigger than a 0603.
you can see the way i put it in it shines right into the plastic of the tigger, i should probably but some kind of reflective paint on the front half of the psp shell to reflect the light back into the trigger but i dont have any silver paint at the moment so i'll have to be ok with it the way it is.

pic 1 is the LED in its place
pic 2 is the LED when its on
pic 3 is the LED with the trigger

Offline DARk_ANGEL

• Acidmods Rocks!!!
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »
they look ok to me but probably if you make them tilted alittle it would shine the whole trigger

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:19 AM »
i think that looks badass!

But would make my jaw drop if someone did an image on the back like that. Like a snow flake or something.

I think i might try something like that on my psp go.

i cant believe i never said anything about that!
if i ever choose to get another PSP i will be doing that, maybe even on a 3000, since the new psp would just be used for music anyways :P which would mean some speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs, and probably something cut out on the back.

they look ok to me but probably if you make them tilted alittle it would shine the whole trigger

they probably would light the trigger better if they were tilted more towards the point of it, but i wasnt sure how tight of a fit it was going to be if i did it that way, but i cant really change it considering they were super glued in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal