Author Topic: Tactile switch to invert Y axis of right joystick?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Tactile switch to invert Y axis of right joystick?
« on: February 18, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »
Is it possible to have a tactile button to invert the Y axis of a joystick? I'm sure a pic would be needed to receive the signal and send the opposite signal to the console, but that's an ignorant idea.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Tactile switch to invert Y axis of right joystick?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
is it possible, yes, practical, no.  I can see it being done with a DPDT toggle switch, or a latching tact, but not a normal tact switch.

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:18:25 PM »
I only ask because I play inverted and friends all play regular. We often play bf4 (which you can't freggin play splitscreen) so passing the controller is annoying as hell. It would be awesome to have a controller that we could just hit a button on rather than having to go into the in game menu... every time we die.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:27:20 PM by gl0zz3n »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »
You'd need a PIC and a DAC to do it with a simple Tact button.

Use a DPDT switch. Sever the AN+ and Ground traces to the Y-Axis POT, or pull the POT and bend those leads up and wire to them that way, then wire the DPDT up in there. Switch in one position the Y-Axis is normal as AN+ and Ground go to the normal connections of the POT, flip the switch and they swap and then it's Inverted.

Ignore the wording and just wire the Left side to the controller's AN+ and Ground, then the right side to the POTs outside leads after isolating them.

This is the G22AP DPDT Toggle switch, little pricey at $5, but it's nice and small.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:48:32 PM »
Your post made very little sense to me, as I really don't know what I'm doing. I just kinda play with Seth's hex coding and make RF remotes, lol. I was just wondering if it were possible because its something my friend and i have been talking about for ages. I'm willing to pay someone to do this for me.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
It's possible with a DPDT switch and 4 wires that most anyone could do, or a PIC/DAC and some code and 6 wires if a PCB is made up for the PIC/DAC.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 09:22:10 PM »
I'm just not trying to be annoying with anymore dumb questions. It takes me HOURS to solder a single PIC into a controller to get some RF working.. I want a controller that does this, and I don't want the headache that comes with doing a mod

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »
No one said anything about you being annoying, and the the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. The more you try, the more you'll learn, the better you'll get. If you're not wanting to attempt it, then crack open the wallet or log in to the PayPal account, plenty of members around here are more than capable of doing it.

Offline gl0zz3n

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »
I'm just not wanting to RIGHT NOW, lol and if the price is reasonable, I would pay someone to do this for me. I mean, I'd RATHER learn to do it, but I've done nothing but harass everyone with constant questioning since I end up screwing up things in the process of installing a chip, lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal