Author Topic: Xbox One S controller not syncing to console  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Xbox One S controller not syncing to console
« on: December 08, 2018, 05:23:52 AM »
I have an Xbox One S controller that I bought with a couple of other faulty controllers to fix. The other ones had simple issues but I have this one that doesn't want to connect to my console no matter what I do. It works plugged in, but as soon as you unplug it it begins flashing. It syncs to my android via bluetooth and works perfectly, but it doesn't want to sync to my Xbox. I have narrowed it down to the thumbstick board, but I don't know what the fault is. Could there be a blown resister or capacitor that would keep it from syncing to the console? Anybody have an experience with this issue and have a possible fix? Thanks.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox One S controller not syncing to console
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:09:45 AM »
Antenna cable plugged up?

Tried it closer to the console? like sitting right on top of it close.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Lazarus65

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Yes, my desk where I play my xbox is like a foot away from me at all times. I even put it on top of the xbox where the wifi/antenna card is and still nothing. I changed the little antenna cable that's connected to the top board and it didn't make a difference. Is there a way to just solder a bit of wire to the power board from the MCU in place of the antenna cable?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
The antenna cable is coax and needs to be shielded or it would just be worse at it's job, likewise if it were shorted along that run it would be doing no real good.

The LC filter is on the power board also, Z1, Z2 and Z3, so make sure all of that is still intact, or try another power board if you have another of that same version.

There's 11 tiny components on the SOC board of the MCU board for the antenna filtering also, any of those missing could frak things up.

Maybe see if the controller can be updated in the dashboard.

If it connected wireless to another device, be interesting to see how it acts around another XB1, though if that also failed then you're probably looking at some security thing failing. I'm sure there's all manner of that kind of crapola in there, and unless updating the controller corrected that you'd have to swap the MCU off a good board to 'fix' it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:26:37 AM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Mawi997

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »
Hi,
I have the same problem. Can you tell us if you managed to fix it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal