Author Topic: 1708 Thumbstick constantly pushing left  (Read 628 times)

Offline ajp8868

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
1708 Thumbstick constantly pushing left
« on: July 03, 2019, 04:15:55 AM »
Hi,

I posted this in the board diagram thread but have realised that was not the right place sorry!

I've got an issue with a 1708 controller after replacing the left thumbstick module, where it's acting as though I'm pushing fully left all the time, and when pushing the thumbstick up or down it acts as though I've pressed it multiple times really quickly.

I've studied the diagrams (as much as my brain can handle) and have determined that I need to check incoming voltages/signal pin and check the u8 voltage reg, but from then on I have no idea what could be causing this.

I tried powering the controller up with the module removed and it then acted like I was pushing all the way to the right, so I'm guessing it's to do with resistance being too low or short circuit when the module is in?

Any ideas on what to check after this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:22:22 AM by ajp8868 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: 1708 Thumbstick constantly pushing left
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 04:33:17 AM »
The sticks work the same on all versions so far, so the other post is in a good place. I've replied in the other thread.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal