Author Topic: 1697 center button "power" problem  (Read 618 times)

Offline spitaleet

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
1697 center button "power" problem
« on: March 14, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »
Hello there!
Today iam working on a 1697 pcb with the follow problem: all buttons works perfectly, but, if a press the "center button! (big X ) its remain pressed forever.

I am testing with only the boards off, jumper with a  tweezers.
The button have 2.2v and gnd in the respectives pads, remain the same after press...

I see the problem in this test site (https://html5gamepad.com) , B16 remain 1.0 afer a press!

I replace the  MCU BOARD and same problem happens.

I replace  Q8,Q3, checked D27, R27 and R24.

I see a little oxidation in the U4 (thats scary me), on C45 side.

Any tips?!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: 1697 center button "power" problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 05:40:16 PM »
Q3 only turns the LED on/off.

There is no U4 or C45 on the Button/Power board of the 1697 or 1698, you must have a 1708?

That HTML5 Tester doesn't even register my Guide button press, but it shows it's working on a Cronus Pro, so I'd wonder if it's the tester hat has the issue. Try it on something else and see how it acts.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline spitaleet

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: 1697 center button "power" problem
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 07:00:33 AM »
Q3 only turns the LED on/off.

There is no U4 or C45 on the Button/Power board of the 1697 or 1698, you must have a 1708?

That HTML5 Tester doesn't even register my Guide button press, but it shows it's working on a Cronus Pro, so I'd wonder if it's the tester hat has the issue. Try it on something else and see how it acts.
You hit!

*Yes, my bad, model 1708.

*I dont know why but HTML5 bug with this controller ( i try another and dont have the same issue).

*The problem related is: only analogs works, and when a put in HTML5 deduce the guide button always pressed is the problem, after all, i plug the controller in the xbox one and work perfectly... (probably the initial problem is a temporally bug? or sync problem? never know)

But, you arrange the mess in my head!

Very ty man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal