Author Topic: JDM-055 resistor question  (Read 515 times)

Offline MOCCOR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-055 resistor question
« on: July 27, 2021, 01:46:20 PM »
So I was soldering wire to my triangle, circle, cross buttons and I kinda got some solder on the resistors as well. I am curious if anyone knows if it needs to be removed, here is a pic - https://imgur.com/a/EyCeWjK

I know shorts are bad for anything. But back when I was a kid and had my PS3 modded by a little repair shop, the guy that soldered the chip got some on a resistor and said it was fine, and it was it worked perfectly. So I am kinda hoping the same here lol

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: JDM-055 resistor question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 02:12:02 PM »
Most certainly not. That will drive pin B57 of the MCU Hi, and it is pulled Lo by that Resistor there, so that short is making that pin do the exact opposite of what it needs to be doing. It will also screw with the Triangle button, so it's not doing any good at all like that.

Your wire is also tinned back quite a bit farther than it needs to be, and that could cause more shorting in there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline MOCCOR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-055 resistor question
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 02:18:44 PM »
Thanks for the info. Yeah I usually just cover the wires in glue to not have to worry about shorts, but you are very right about it making it easier to bridge. I appreciate it. I def should've bought the remapper but this is fun to try

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal