Author Topic: dualsense 5 want to not use one or both of the daughter board pcbs  (Read 481 times)

Offline fluffhead

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
i?ve been doing some padhacks with dualsense 5 pcbs to make fighting game arcade style sticks. I seem to have damaged one of my ribbon cables that go to the daughter board (for the bumper and trigger in one side). when I replaced it with another ribbon it works fine. the thing is it would be a lot cleaner and easier to manage if i got rid of one of the daughter boards entirely. I?m not using left trigger or bumper at all anyway. with the bad ribbon cable ( or without the daughter board) it?s registering that i?m pressing those buttons. is there anything that i can do (even if it requires micro soldering) to the main pcb so that those buttons don?t register?

Thanks!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: dualsense 5 want to not use one or both of the daughter board pcbs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »
With the entire LT assembly missing, there is an EEPROM that you've taken out of the mix. What all kind of side effects that might possibly have I haven't the time or PS5 to figure out here. But, the L1 should not be acting like it is pressed. That button line just grounds when you press it to activate, so if there is nothing in there, then it should just sit there and act unpressed, becasue when everything is still in there, it's doing the same nothing on that L1 line until you press it. So that one acting like it is pressed doesn't really make sense, unless the EEP missing is causing it. I half suspect that's there doing something for enabling the haptic feedback, so it's a pain in the rear to make a 3rd party module, as it's literally connected to nothing else on the Trigger assembly at all and could have just been built onto the motherboard.

Now L2 is another story, since that's an Analog 'button' and it needs a voltage on that line so that it knows what state it's in. The stock setup is a voltage divider consisting of an 8k PU (Pull-Up) to the 1.8v rail, and then a 5.6k to ground that is variable and gets lower in value the more you pull L2. The L2 line is in the middle of those 2 Resistors and at rest the L2 line sits around 0.74v or so. You could just toss in a PU from the 1.8v rail to the L2 line and that should keep L2 in the off position, though it grossly goes over the 0.74v up to 1.8v, but that shouldn't cause any issues as all of the Analog stuff in there seems to be based on the 1.8v, so it should tolerate it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal