Author Topic: JDM-050 Right Analog Stick Drift  (Read 775 times)

Offline Jadicus

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
JDM-050 Right Analog Stick Drift
« on: January 23, 2022, 08:22:31 PM »
Hello all, I'm hoping someone can give insight to an issue that I feel like I caused. Excuse me if I seem to be stating the obvious, I'm just trying to be thorough with my info.

About a week ago, I decided to try my hand at repairing my old JDM-050. I replaced both analog stick gimbals, the left one came out fine but the right one drifts diagonally down to the left. When I load into Apex Legends and go into the firing range, my character's aim continually pulls down even after trying to correct it. Obviously, I could increase the deadzone but I would rather repair the hardware damage.

I checked the voltage on both POTs (to be honest though, I'm not too sure I'm doming it correctly) and they were both 3.17V

I think what happened is that I damaged a via in the Y-axis potentiometer when I pulled out the old analog stick. So in my head, I thought what I needed to do was make a jump wire on the top side of the board from the center Y-axis lead to an exposed portion of the trace that it follows, but it didn't do anything. Forgive the mess as well, I'm learning my way around this day by day and may not have the best practices.

Here is the bottom of the board as well

Basically, I'm at a loss as to what the issue is but I'm hoping that it can be resolved bc this has been nagging at me for a while.

Offline ChrisJavier

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: JDM-050 Right Analog Stick Drift
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 08:32:28 PM »
You need to "calibrate" it

Offline Jadicus

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 08:55:36 PM »
You need to "calibrate" it

Thanks for the reply :)

So just move the metal rings for the y-axis pot? Or solder on a trimpot of some sort?

Offline ChrisJavier

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 10:27:56 PM »
I personally use a 1mOhm trimpot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal