Author Topic: DualSense 5 capacitor value  (Read 597 times)

Offline dreamer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
DualSense 5 capacitor value
« on: October 07, 2022, 04:03:41 PM »
Hello everyone. Does anyone know the value of this capacitor? I had severe stick drift on my DS5 controller and while removing the old analog i accidentally knocked that little capacitor off the board. Now the left analog is always fully pressed to the left.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: DualSense 5 capacitor value
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 09:01:55 AM »
That cap missing would not cause that, and it will work fine not being on there.

You more likely have a damaged trace or pulled the plating out of the thru-hole for that POT and it is not getting power now. If you somehow bridged the LSX line to ground that would also cause the same problem.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline dreamer

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualSense 5 capacitor value
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 01:52:33 PM »
pulled the plating out of the thru-hole for that POT and it is not getting power now

Thanks.

That was definitely a problem. i removed the stick to check the holes for continuity, the hole to the left of the missing capacitor didn't have continuity between the two sides. All the other holes had continuity.

I ran a wire trough the hole and soldered it on both sides of the hole and i soldered a new analog just to make sure the first one wasn't defective.

Now it is not fully pressed to the left, but it still pressed like 1/3 to the left.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 01:53:11 PM by dreamer »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal