Author Topic: PSP Duke battery with the small PCB up top  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
PSP Duke battery with the small PCB up top
« on: November 24, 2007, 02:11:57 AM »
Does anybody know which IC I need to modify?

Slimby

Slimby for prez.

Offline Hinata_stalker

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP Duke battery with the small PCB up top
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 06:51:58 AM »
Duke battery? i might be able to help if you explain.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:20:07 PM »
Precisely. I hate the "Phat" PSP moniker, you see. I don't have the PCB in that diagram, mine is the smaller one at the top of the battery.

Slimby

Slimby for prez.

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 09:56:53 PM »
I had a battery like that, it was the one that came in the box with my PSP...I couldn't find it either, so i just bought a new battery to use as my pandora.  It had the smaller PCB on top, but it has the IC like in the tut, same designator and same value on the IC and everything...If it's not pretty much the same layout of the one in the tut, only smaller, then u need a new battery...

-BMFC

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »
Is the second battery you bought the same as your first? If so, I could just do the modification based on your plans.

Slimby

Slimby for prez.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
yea slim i have the same batt as you do and ive been wondering the same thing... cuz i want to make pandora but ive been having probs doing it with all the computer programs so yea... im thinking of buying a new batt with the big pcb once i get a chance

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »
Is the second battery you bought the same as your first? If so, I could just do the modification based on your plans.

Slimby

No.  The one I had at first was the stock battery that came with my PSP, is that what u tried?  Anyway, the PCB was totally different than the one in the tut, even though the casing was exactly the same as the battery they used.  The second one i tried also had a top-mounted PCB, as opposed to the larger side-mounted one, but this time, the layout was basically the same as the larger PCB in the tut, and it had the IC that I needed, same value on the part, and same designator and everything.  So I'm guessing it's just that stock battery or somethin...can't be sure, is the one u tried, is it the stock one that came with it?  Or one that u bought? 
Anyway, here you can find a pic of my stock battery to compare to yours...

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=11344.0

My best suggestion is to just go get a new battery.  I don't see any way to figure that battery out, maybe someone else could, but I honestly didn't feel like scalpeling off all the masking goo they used to cover most of the PCB.  That's why i bought another in the first place...good luck...

-BMFC
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 02:02:48 PM by metalfreak187 »

Offline Slimby

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 06:55:18 PM »
Yeah, can you please post a high-quality picture of your Pandora'd battery, so that I can double check the schematics? Thanks

Buddy

Slimby for prez.

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »
Yeah, can you please post a high-quality picture of your Pandora'd battery, so that I can double check the schematics? Thanks

Buddy

No, I honestly can't.  I tried for ya, but I don't have a camera that'll take a picture of something so small.  i can post a pic, but its gonna be real fuzzy and indeterminable.  Okok, i lied...I had an idea...I put a 5x zoom jeweler's eyepiece in front of my lens, its a bit better, here goes...

The inset pic is zoomed out a bit so you can see where it is on the board...I couln't get a good pic of the pin itself, so I made my own diagram to show you which pin u need: 

I guess it doesn't matter how you count the pins, as long as you get the right one...but anyway, if yours look different than this, and/or has globs of masking goo covering the parts on the PCB, might as well get yourself another one. 

Hopefully I've been some help to ya...if not, hell, at least i know how to use paint alot better now!  lol

-BMFC

Offline lewson

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
uh oh my chip says, BA 07 Ill upload picz later :)

EDIT: lemme re-phrase that, i have a different battery to what ive seen the IC is on then underside of the board its says BA 07. and is different to all the pictures, ill upload pics when i find my phone cable.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:46:25 AM by lewson »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal