Author Topic: Touch screen trouble  (Read 1639 times)

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Touch screen trouble
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:36:51 AM »
Ok i re-tookapart my ds to fix some stuff and i accidetally removed the wire that conects the touch screen at the top right of it, it doesnt seem broken just not in its holder and it wont go back in and stay there

I just need some help with what to do to keep it in, i can post pics of what i mean later if you need me to

please help fast im going away for the weekend tomorrow :D

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Touch screen trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
If the little black clip on the holder down, use ur nail and lift it up.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »
If the little black clip on the holder down, use ur nail and lift it up.

I dont mean the golden coloured ribbon on the left, that works fine, its the other ribbon on the top right that i need help with, it came out, (it connects into a holder on the other side of the motherboard)its kinda clear coloured with like brown conection ribbons i think.

My ds turns on fine (that doesnt happen if the other ribbon is loose) and the touch screen comes on and displays everything normally but i cannot use it to touch stuff!!! :( :(

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »
You mean the skinny one? Check if theres any black holder to the sides of it, or else you will need to find a way to attach it there yourself.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline decy90

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:42:48 AM »
You mean the skinny one? Check if theres any black holder to the sides of it, or else you will need to find a way to attach it there yourself.

Ill go check, i was wondering if i touch normal wire to the ribbon styled things would it work or are they coated in like a plastic or something? if nt i could solder 4 small wires accross them and hope it worked

EDIT: ok i couldnt see any clips or holders, and the connection it goes into looks like this: [====] each of the 4 connections of the ribbon go into each of the conections here (shown as "=" signs) i cant figure out a way that will hold in my touch screen in a permenant way that wont damage it
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:58:26 AM by decy90 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal